Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Visit to MARSHALL,S DRYGOODS >

Visit to MARSHALL,S DRYGOODS

Visit to MARSHALL,S DRYGOODS

Old 07-29-2010, 07:35 PM

I went to Marshalls dry goods in Batesville, AR. It was amazing. If you ever get within 100 miles you should go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:15 PM

I am sooooo jealous! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 07-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

I wish I could go but I did the next best thing I ordered fabric on line from them I can't wait for it to arrive.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:36 PM

I'm hoping to be able to go in October with my Mom and a friend of hers :D I think it would be really cool just to go look even if I don't buy anything :D
Old 07-29-2010, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by tigger5464
I'm hoping to be able to go in October with my Mom and a friend of hers :D I think it would be really cool just to go look even if I don't buy anything :D
You'll buy, you won't be able to resist their prices. When I was there in June their batiks were on sale for $2.99 a yard. There's also the "Red Sign" warehouse across the parking lot that has second available for $1 a pound if you take the whole piece. They have 17 5yd cuts of blenders bundled up for $102. If you go to the left after going in the main warehouse, all the way through the large open doors the fabric is really inexpensive---wholesale pricing but anyone can buy it. Any time you take all that's left on a bolt it's cheaper too. If there's anything you're looking for and willing to take it in multiple 5yd cuts, sometimes it's as low as $1.95 a yd. I was looking for a lot of Bear prints and bought 4 5yd pieces for $1.95 a yard. If you purchase more than you can haul they will ship it for you. Of course you have to pay for shipping but still, it will be cheaper than LQSs. They also cut generously. No 36" yards there. They usually cut 40" yds. The woman waiting on me said it was because they might not always cut straight and want to make sure their customers are able to get straight yard out of the fabric. I'm already planning next year's vacation to include a side trip to Batesville. I'm also going to take a LOT more money with me.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:41 AM

WOW!

SAD it's not closer
GLAD it's not closer

KWIM?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:43 AM
Power Poster

LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 AM

"They also cut generously. No 36" yards there. They usually cut 40" yds. The woman waiting on me said it was because they might not always cut straight and want to make sure their customers are able to get straight yard out of the fabric."

That is great!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:24 PM

I wish!!! :cry: I don't get anywhere near there!! Not even 100 miles near!! :roll:
Old 07-31-2010, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by pab58
I wish!!! :cry: I don't get anywhere near there!! Not even 100 miles near!! :roll:
I have sisters in Monroe and Newport, Mi. I'm trying to get them to plan an extended shop hop. Since we're all getting some age on us about one big hop is all we can manage so I figured if they come to Illinois then we can "hop" down to Arkansas. Right? I've got it all planned out. They drive down here one day, we leave the next and go to Batesville, check into a motel, the next day we could spend the entire day at Marshalls, the next day come back home. That way we don't have to take more than an overnight bag and it would leave plenty of room for fabric. They aren't so crazy about the idea. Plan a vacation around it. It's right on the SE corner of the Ozarks. There's caves (Blanchard Caverns) about 45 minutes from there, canoeing on the White River, and a lot of other things to do.