Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Votes for Women

Blog Entries

Votes for Women

Hello, I am from Germany and I would ask if there is anyone sewing Barbara Brackman's "Votes for Women" blocks?? Last year I sewed her "Civil War Quilt", and I am interested in the theme of this year blocks: the women rights! It's block number 31 out this week, there will be 49 blocks!!
    Greetings from over here, today we have SUNSHINE and NO snow!!!!

Yes, I'm doing them but I'm running behind as with all my projects!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Well, I'm following them, but as far as commiting them to fabric...uhhhh

I love Barbara Brackman and have most of her books, but it seems like my quilting time always is taken up by somebody else who needs something now.

Of all the hundreds of quilts I have made, I have 1 bed quilt, 1 lap quilt, and 1 wall quilt that still doesn't have a binding on it. LOL

I want Barbara for myself!!!!!!

LOL Sucia, that's a huge problem Just make it for yourself, hang on to it, don't give it away
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Blog Entries
    I have been following Barbara's "Grandmother's Choice" aka Votes for Women but have only done a few blocks. Life can get so busy! But I have saved all the patterns and maybe -- just maybe! -- I'll get around to finishing all or at least more of the blocks to put them together into a usable quilt. I like the blocks and love the history she write about. We've come a long way!
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Blog Entries
    I just sewed blocks # 30 and 31, if you want to have a look: http://www.flickr.com/groups/grandmotherschoice/
    Is anyone there posting pics on flickr too???

Blog Entries
    BOW: Votes for Women: Block #34 is out today and the theme this week is the inequality of men and women in their jobs!!!
    http://grandmotherschoice.blogspot.de/2013/04/34-coffee-cup-not-my-job-description.html

I love the concept of the blocks, quilt, history, and have been collecting the patterns...but have only made 8. Keep thinking I will get caught up, but keep just getting further behind. I may just do a smaller version.
    I love Barbara Brackman and all the sharing she does of free patterns, and sharing her emense knowledge of history. Her sister has blog also on history of dogs that is very interesting...Doctor Brackman Speaks.