Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: waiting room sewing

My husband had back surgery last week and the whole time I was there - from check in, to the pre-surgery room, to the waiting room - I had a quilt top with me. It's a baseball quilt for a grandson and has about 45 baseballs on it that will rag when washed. The top is pieced and I was embroidering the stitching on each baseball. (Pics later)

Anyway - everywhere I went that quilt warmed up the room, started conversations, and brought up shares of other quilits, other quilters and other times. It was amazing how such a simple thing made a stressful place into a cozier one.

Even people who didn't really join into a conversation said "that's sure pretty" or some such thing as they walked by.

I finished piecing this top several weeks ago and had put it with a hoop and supplies in a tote and saved it for this occasion. I know I'll do the same anytime I have to be in such a place. It sure made a difference!

Great idea! I bet it made the time pass more quickly. Hope your hubby is doing well.

Blog Entries
    Hope your DH is doing better. Quilts seem to bridge the gaps for you and others. Love to see your quilt when your finished:)

Blog Entries
    I've done that expect I'm always finishing the quilt for the grand baby I'm wait for!! Your right it does help with the stress!

Blog Entries
    Great story. Hope all is well with DH.
    Hope you post a picture when done.
    Thanks.

Makes you fell real good doesn't it! :thumbup: Hope your Hubby is doing well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JanTx
    My husband had back surgery last week and the whole time I was there - from check in, to the pre-surgery room, to the waiting room - I had a quilt top with me. It's a baseball quilt for a grandson and has about 45 baseballs on it that will rag when washed. The top is pieced and I was embroidering the stitching on each baseball. (Pics later)

Anyway - everywhere I went that quilt warmed up the room, started conversations, and brought up shares of other quilits, other quilters and other times. It was amazing how such a simple thing made a stressful place into a cozier one.

Even people who didn't really join into a conversation said "that's sure pretty" or some such thing as they walked by.

I finished piecing this top several weeks ago and had put it with a hoop and supplies in a tote and saved it for this occasion. I know I'll do the same anytime I have to be in such a place. It sure made a difference!
    I did the same when DH was in hospital only I did hand embroidery blocks for A quilt. have it ready for anytime I have to set and wait.Good luck to both of you.

Hubby is doing fine, thank you - he's at the grumpy stage of recovery which is better than the "woe is me" stage.

The pre-admit nurse told me to be sure and have a jacket because the waiting room was so cold. Didn't need one - had my quilt!

Blog Entries
    Very nice story!!!

Blog Entries
    Great news, Hope it continues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast