Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Walking Foot Headache

I can move my needle but it won't move far enough to line up with the slot on my walking foot. I will definitly check my settings and look for my Sharpie. Thanks very much for your ideas and suggestions. I have been very afraid to do any machine quilting at all.

Blog Entries
    I was play machine quilting with the walking foot and with the magnifier I discovered I could sew over the stitches exactly on top of the existing stitches and it be perfectly straight. The magnifier shows each stitch looking as big as a log, can't fall off. LOL I sewed over them three times and loved the look. Now I can use up my less expensive thinner thread to get the more expensive 30wt effect.

Blog Entries
    I always move my needle position, works good for me. You could use painters tape.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I bought this and it's been great for machine quilting with the walking foot. I paid $20 for it at Walmart thinking I'd be returning it but and it's been worth it just to get splinters out of DGD's finger and feet. It has two bright lights too. LOL

http://www.simplicity.com/p-5219-cc-...magnifier.aspx
    Oh man I need that. My eyes are terrible anymore! I think I saw those at Joanns so I'll be sure to get one with a coupon.

My needle doesn't go in the middle either. Makes me wonder who designed it !!! I have to use a marker as well.

Blog Entries
    If you mess up with the marker you can take it off with a wet tissue before it ages. After it is really dry alcohol should remove it. I like the magnifier. Thank you for the idea.

mine is just off also!!! gives me a headache!

Blog Entries
    Looks like a good magnifier and easy to use!! I've been using my standing Ott lite that has a magnifier attached on a coil hose (can adjust it to just the right position) but it is sometimes in the way and awkward. This might be a good replacement! Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I got that magnifier and it won't fit right on my machine. :( I can get it on there, but the magnifier thing isn't anywhere near where I need it to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2