Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Walking foot for New Home Model 108

Walking foot for New Home Model 108

Hello everyone. I've so enjoyed reading all the wonderful threads and have learned much. I am a novice to piecing and quilting but so love creating.

My question today is where to find a walking foot for an older New Home Model 108 sewing machine. Last summer I bought a brother XR-7700 and had to take it in for repair a month ago. It's under warranty but the only authorized person to do the work is an hour away plus he's got personal family problems and they don't know when he will get it done. I pulled out my old Limited EDition New Home Model 108 which is probably 20 years old and still working fine but it did not come with a walking foot. I've searched the web to try an identify one that will work but I am not sure because this is a front loading bobbin and most of what I see are for drop in type of machines.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

You have to first identify what shank it is. Low, High ?? Go to SewClassic and she has a spot where you can see how to measure and make sure what shank you have. She carries all sorts of walking feet.

Thank you Candace.

I did buy a high shank Alphasew walking foot from Sew classic for an old NH 440 and couldn't get the needle to clear the foot. I tried several different things to get it to work to no avail