Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
walking foot questions >

walking foot questions

walking foot questions

Old 03-06-2015, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

I found that generic feet never worked well on my Bernina. I recently bought a new Bernina walking foot on eBay for my older machine and it works perfect. You may have to break down and buy one for you Janome.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:06 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will look into getting a Janome walking foot to see if that resolves my problem. As for the puckers I did have problems w/the backing...I used spray basting and it did not stick! I have the sewing machine on a 6 foot folding table so I think the weight is supported well enough. I think between the wrong foot and
the non stuck layers I just created my own problems!

Thanks again,
Jenna
Old 03-06-2015, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by minibarn View Post
It is a Janome JW7630, and the walking foot is not for that machine, it is actually for a Brother I had years ago! It seems to fit fine, but I wondered if that could be the reason for the tension problem.
Jenny at Sew Classic has some good information about buying a walking foot and she takes apart two to show you. She points out that the walking foot must match the feed dogs to do a proper job, lots of photos on there, so just google for "Sew Classic walking foot". It could be that the Brother feed dogs had a different configuration than what you are using now.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:51 AM

Glad to hear you are going to get the walking foot that " belongs" to your machine. I have several different brands of machines and would never think of juggling the feet....anyway, when you get the right foot, loosen your top tension lower than default. On my Viking default is 6 when I put on the WF I lower it to 4, as instructed on the pamphlet that came with the foot......I do the same on other two machines if I use their WF.