Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Walking foot for a Singer 99k and a 15-90 clone

Walking foot for a Singer 99k and a 15-90 clone

I tried using a walking foot on these machines and the machine seemed to lock up or something. I googled it and on one page it said they have a built in walking foot? Also does the 15-90 have a built in darning foot too? I've been reading this forum on old machines and got those two in the last yr. lol. I just don't halfway know how to thread or sew on them!

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Debbie

Are you sure you have a low shank walking foot and that it's installed correctly? No, these machines do not have built in walking feet or darning feet.

Blog Entries
    It sounds as if you don't have the right walking foot for these machines. They would take a low-shank foot such as this one:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINGER-Even-...-/370613789188

They would not take this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Singer-Even-Fe...dp/B002EZRV4C/

The vintage machines did not have built-in anything! Darning foot is a separate foot, as is the walking foot.

The one I have looks like the first foot with the hook to go over the needle, but it's not square it's rounded on the back end of it. I got it at Joanns and it worked on my old Kenmore. ????

Quote Originally Posted by HopeandFaith89 View Post
    The one I have looks like the first foot with the hook to go over the needle, but it's not square it's rounded on the back end of it. I got it at Joanns and it worked on my old Kenmore. ????
    That's your problem, then. First, straight stitch only machines need the correct walking foot like this one http://shop.SEW-CLASSIC.COM/Low-Shan...tch-P60400.htm It' s made especially for straight stitch only machines. The universal one you purchased is too large for the feed dogs as it's a zig zag walking foot.

Blog Entries
    Great info! I knew that featherweights needed a specialized walking foot, but didn't realize it had to do with the nature of the machine being straight-stitch only.

Thank you ladies! I ordered one of those.

Debbie aka Faith