Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: walking foot spoiled.

Blog Entries
    my favorite sewing machine died today, and so i tried to put the binding on by using a 'spare' sewing machine. which does not have a built in walking foot. big mistake. i should have done a little, instead of getting it all done, and not being happy with it. i ripped the whole thing back off. aren't walking foots just the best thing ever?

Banned
    i sewed binding on a quilt recently using the 1/4" foot. It worked fine. Just had to go slower and guide the quilt thru.

I can never get a walking foot to work for me. I sew my binding to the front of my quilt then hand stitch it to the back. Any hints??

Blog Entries
    my janome has a built in walking foot. that means, you just flip a preattached back foot down over and lock it into your regular foot. it guides the 3 layers of the sandwich thru real smooth.
    i have never had to (at least i don't remember) having to rip out a binding, because it was puckered. yes, in the past, i did have a walking foot that i had bought separately and then attached to whichever machine i was using. but my janome spoiled me. i kept having to smooth, and easy my border to lay smooth, that should have given me a clue that the back was gathering a little. you ladies that use your l/4 foot and make it work, must be more gifted than me. i just bluff my way thru it all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsM
    I can never get a walking foot to work for me. I sew my binding to the front of my quilt then hand stitch it to the back. Any hints??
    and that's what i do. it looks better like that, and if you ever 'took it to the fair', that is what they would like to see. i believe. i have never entered a quilt in a show or fair. i am not that patient of a quilter. but i do want them to look real nice.

What model Janome has the built in walking foot sewNso? I love my Janome, but would really like to have a built in walking foot...mine does not have one.

My Pfaff has one built in and yes, it is a wonderful thing to have.

Quote Originally Posted by maryb119
    Same here, love,love.love it!!!

I use the IDT on my Pfaff for everything I sew. It just seems to work so much better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maryb119
    i was using my ''phaff grand quilter'. and i bought it used. it is just a straight sewing machine, no walking foot. boo hoo

i'm upstairs. i think my janome is a 6600. and i knew i was pushing my luck. it just was sounding funny. i almost took it to the shop last week, and didn't. but it has made i bet 50 queen quilts. plus numeroues baby, and twin quilts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast