Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking foot

Ok, I don't have a walking foot yet, so before I go out and buy one this week what do you think about them pros and cons.
    I'll be useing for straight line quilting.

Blog Entries
    Fantastic-it is made to go over the thick quilt sandwich-the feel dogs and walking foot working together so the fabric won't pull. It is great for SID and gentle curves-not for FMQ. If you plan to do much machine quilting, it is a must!

I just used mine for the first time last week and I love it.
    This is my first time at machine quilting and it made the fabric smooth and it looked more professional. I did straight line stitching, also.
    Get one....you'll be happy you did!

Blog Entries
    I hated mine. Threw it out. The thing wouldn't work for anything on my White. Called all over and then the one arm fell off. I will never use one again, there's not enough money in the world to pay me to.

Blog Entries
    Jennifer, maybe you didn't get the right one for your machine-or it wasn't put on right. The first time I used it, for some reason it thought you had to put the feed dogs down (must have gotten FMQ confused or something)-but after reading the directions that came with the foot, it worked like a charm. Maybe you should give it another chance-but make sure it is the right one for your machine and it is set on right.

I have two. One for my Janome and one for my Bernina930, thanks to Tomilu. I love them. I use them to put binding on and stid or anything (except fm quilting) that I do on a sandwiched quilt. I think you'll love it. Good luck.patti

I have yet to ever use one, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
    Fantastic-it is made to go over the thick quilt sandwich-the feel dogs and walking foot working together so the fabric won't pull. It is great for SID and gentle curves-not for FMQ. If you plan to do much machine quilting, it is a must!
    Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! And I always use it when sewing the binding on!

I also have a walking foot I am having trouble with. It is difficult to attach. It is the correct foot, I took my machine in to the shop for a cleaning and we put the foot on there. The sales staff is very knowlegable and helpful. But after I got home realized there are no instructions to help me learn how to use it. No helpful hints, nothing. Augh!!!!

Blog Entries
    I always use my walking foot. It makes sewing layers so much easier. I'm all for anything that makes sewing a little easier and funner. I think it would hard to sew WITHOUT using one.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast