Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wall board

how large does the wall board need to be?my daughters made me one and it covers a complete wall. is it too big?

Sounds like the perfect size to me. I have one that is 72x72 and there are times I would like it to be just a tad larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Camping Betty
    how large does the wall board need to be?my daughters made me one and it covers a complete wall. is it too big?
    If you have the space, the bigger the better.

Make it as big as you can. Wish I had a wall large enough to make one that size. May in Jersey

Banned
    It can never be too big!! Mine is 96 x 96 but I have to set it up when I need it.

I would like to hear more comments about your Wall or Design wall board. I am getting ready to have one made and would like to hear more. What you use, flannel or otherwise, and how it is mounted. I have an idea but could use some help from others who have had experience.

June in Cincinnati

sounds good to me - would also be interested in the construction keep thinking about making one!!

Banned
    I used gray felt. I got it with my 40% coupon at Joann's It was wide enough for one of the 4 ft. boards. I really like it and I like the color.

Blog Entries
    My son made me two out of 4'x8' sound boards. You can get them at Home Depot. They are soft enough to stick a pin into. But because they are soft, they also bend. So he took 1/2" x 2" boards and put them on the back, first all around the edges, then in an "X" across. They now just lean up against the wall and I can move them if necessary. Then I covered them with 1 or 2 layers of cheap batting from WalMart stapled to the back. They are wonderful.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i used 1" thick white styrofoam board, they come in 4'x8' sheets and are inexpensive...i purchased 108" wide white flannel from fabric.com covered the foam boards then used double sided tape to adhere them to the walls.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast