Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wall hanging tips needed

I am new here, so if this topic has been well covered in the past, forgive me. I searched using magnetic wall hangers as key words and I didn't find anything.

I have a Christmas wall hanging that I want to put up but I don't want to put holes in the wall. I found a few magnetic type of wall hangers. Both types look like what I need. They appeal to me because they use those 3M adhesives that come right off the wall.

Has anyone used anything like this? Any advice about what people have used successfully will be most appreciated! Thank you!

If you have drywall & not plaster, I have successfully used the quilting pins with the small glass heads.

You don't even have to use some kind of magnet thing with the Command hooks. I just use a big enough hook that the small brass or white round curtain rods will fit in.

One question, for Scissor Queen, do those hooks work well on textured dry wall? I use the curtain rods, too, but have never tried the hooks on anything except painted wood mantel (Christmas stockings!).

Quote Originally Posted by marymm
    One question, for Scissor Queen, do those hooks work well on textured dry wall? I use the curtain rods, too, but have never tried the hooks on anything except painted wood mantel (Christmas stockings!).
    It probably depends on how textured the dry wall is. My walls have some texture to them but not real deep and they hold up fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    You don't even have to use some kind of magnet thing with the Command hooks. I just use a big enough hook that the small brass or white round curtain rods will fit in.
    Thank you! The 3M hooks worked perfectly.
    Attached Images Attached Images