Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmart find! So excited!

Yep WM will be going to all precut fabric--I called their 800#. We will only have Joanne's now. We got the $5 bolts this week--their plan is to add party supplies?? I use to work in their fabric dept. We have people coming from about a 200 mi. radius to buy because we are close to the CA border. Our next closest place is about 200 miles north to buy fabric. If enough people call i-800-WALMART they may change their minds.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    WOW you are a very lucky lady. enjoy and God bless.

Our WM is closing its fabric section too. They have already taken it out except for FQ's which are terrible.

I bought some of the 5 yd/$5 fabric at Walmart, but returned it because it didn't contain any cotton. I didn't inspect the fabric while in the store because I was in sort of a hurry, but after returning home and unwrapping it, I noticed it was very thin and some sort of polyester fabric. Our store didn't have any cotton. Would have been a great deal for 100% cotton, though.

I also noticed that a lot of the fabric that was labeled cotton was of unkown origin !!!! I did not buy any. I am disappointed though as well , useful for finding 100 % cotton in the actual dept for reasonable price for quickie children quilts that they drag around with them everywhere and get washed many many times !!!! :0)

The stuff in the 'golden mile' Walmart in York county is sort of on the really cheap side. Very thin. Some was extra wide and there was a bolt of extra thick heavy stuff that felt like an animal hide. Ugly. The good stuff must have all been sold till I got there!

Blog Entries
    used to live in Kyle .S.D. on the rez.. our monthly trips to Rapids City were such a joy.. ... lucky you to have a wally world with fabs.......

I am wondering...what is cotton of unknown origin. It is known that it is cotton, so is it the country of origin that is unknown? What are the options?

I saw this last night. Some is nice prints Cotton/poly blend. some is pure crap & that is being nice. Didn't have time to look long Dh was waiting in truck. I bet this will be the fabric of the future for Walmart. I think they are mill ends. Not sure so don't quote me on it. Gonna look closer when I go back in a little while.

Saw your pics. Your store got better stuff than mine. Last year they had a special fabric sale & it was all $1.00 a yard. Was out of town so I missed it but was told there was hundres of bolts of fabric & some really nice.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast