Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WalMart Newspaper Ad today,  Fabrics Are Back  PLUS >

WalMart Newspaper Ad today, Fabrics Are Back PLUS

WalMart Newspaper Ad today, Fabrics Are Back PLUS

Old 09-18-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
I went to the website, but no luck in finding out which stores have fabrics and/or will be getting back their fabric selection. So the 2000+ stores advertised in the flyer could just well be the same stores that still have fabric selections. It was a 2 page flyer ad in our newspaper this morning.
Right, I think we all received the same flyer. Though, without some way of knowing which 2000 stores are now carrying it, they're setting themselves up for some very angry shoppers who drive a distance to find their store isn't one of these 2000!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:24 AM

Here in West Ga (Carrollton) my newspaper had a flyer and I was so excited ! The local Walmart is just across the street from my church so I decided when church was over I was going to scoot across the street.....oh was I disappointed when I found that this store doesn't have any fabric...Of course the two people I asked didn't have a clue.

I almost laughed when I realized that I can get a "bogus" WM flyer and can't even get the Kroger weekly flyer in my newspaper !
Old 09-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by laceybritt
I live in a rural area and have 3 WalMart's about an hour away in 3 different directions. They have lost a lot of business due to the fabric and food changes made.

Only one still has fabric and not good choices. Believe it ot not they carry no batting at all. I have asked at the other 2 about the fabrics coming back and no one knows.
The fabric dept manager is the one that orders from Walmart warehouse what to have in the fabric dept. I've seen the fabric/quilting/notion book what Walmart stocks in the warehouses. The fabric manager can order any of it. For that dept manager to act ignorant about it doesn't fly with me. I say show me in the order book where you don't have it available to order and I'll personally get in touch with the dist. manager to ask why you can't order it when the other Walmarts have it.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

we did not get a WM ad today. so i went online to see if there was one for our area. sadly, we don't even have an ad. i was in WM the other week. they only had precuts hanging on the wall. and none of them were attractive. so they probably won't sell well and the store will use that statistic to show that they don't have a need to carry a full fabric department :(
Old 09-18-2011, 10:20 AM

I've emailed my local walmart 2 times...and they have not responded....so I'm not going to waste my time to go check.

I hope they get the fabric...but if they don't, that's okay too. I try to shop with my local stores that are Michigan based. Our local economy is hurting so bad...I don't want to give any extra pennies to the Walmart Effect if I don't have to.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

i called yesterday, a bit perturberd. the fabs are out for 2 months now, but they won'
t cut it or sell, the mgr said about 1 month more.
what's wrong with them??????
Old 09-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

i called yesterday, a bit perturberd. the fabs are out for 2 months now, but they won'
t cut it or sell, the mgr said about 1 month more.
what's wrong with them??????
Old 09-18-2011, 10:30 AM

York pa walmart has the fabric department back. some of the cotton fabric is "jo ann" quality, some of the cottons are very thin and basically useless for quilting. I bought none.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:30 AM

York pa walmart has the fabric department back. some of the cotton fabric is "jo ann" quality, some of the cottons are very thin and basically useless for quilting. I bought none.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:32 AM

I also live in Carrollton, GA. I actually went into the Walmart and asked where the fabric was and they told me that they didn't have a clue. I found a manager and he told me that they wanted to put precut fabric in some of the stores and that it didn't work and that he didn't have a clue about what the ad was. He said that if they are getting fabric he didn't know it. VR still has some fabric.