Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Walmart

Thank all you who made sure we got fabric back at Walmart. although it is not the same, it is pre-cut here in Ga. We still find colors that we need.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ritamae
    Thank all you who made sure we got fabric back at Walmart. although it is not the same, it is pre-cut here in Ga. We still find colors that we need.
    I wish I knew if my local WM is getting fabric. No one there seems to know, for sure. Not my favorite fabric place, but nice to browse around in. I have occasionally found some pretty good fabrics there at a nice price.

Saw it yesterday, it wasn't pre-cut but their wasn't very much, the cutting table was so small, they had to make room for it.

Blog Entries
    yes, the 'campaign' seemed to work. but even the stores that only got precuts enlarged the selection of other sewing items. so it is still better than we had. :thumbup:

Mine just got fabric back and it is worse than precuts.
    Very small so not much fabric and impossible to find someone to cut it if I did want to buy it.
    Do not like the fabric choices they are pretty much the same as the precuts but a lot less fabrics.
    Im very dissapointed.

You know what's really funny and strange? The Wal-Mart that I refer to as "MY" WM (I think we all do that!) has an abundance of fabric. This is just a free-standing store in my city, not particularly large. There is a brand-new, super WM near my brother's house, about 3 miles away - and that one doesn't have anything but pre-cuts. The WM located in our shopping mall does have fabric, but not as much as my little store.

I wonder if the store manager gets to make the decision about what type of fabric to carry?

new user
    most walmart's used to carry a great section of fabric... they have decided to remove the fabric section with renovation of stores.... i am in nc and all walmarts now have no fabric section except very poor cheap precut...it is sad.... my husband works for walmart corp and i said if they removed the sports section i bet it would be heard world wide.