Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart

Walmart

Can anyone tell me if there is a list of walmarts which now have fabric? I live in the metro Atlanta area and so far the ones close to me don't have it.
    Thanks
    Cath

Blog Entries
    I don't know of any list.
    Linda

I've never found one. Maybe the people on here can help you with that. I lived near Beaufort SC a few years and they had it. Walterboro SC did not. That's a good hop from Atlanta I know but I thought I would throw that out there in case everyone wants to chime in on their local walmarts. I live near Beckley WV now. They do have fabric but the Crab Orchard WV Walmart does not.

Prairrie du chein, WI ----Green Bay , WI. ------and [ Dubuque , Iowa I know this one did not poistive about.]

Have fabric at Wal-marts.

It's like you have to road trip to find the Wal-marts that do have it.
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !

Walmart at Windward Parkway (Ex 11 Of 400 ) Alpharetta Ga has it. The one in Roswell dose not have it. Stop by Joann fabric at ex 9 say Hi I'll be working there today.
    Last edited by mary quilting; 06-24-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    I just emailed their corporate office to see if they have a list of all the stores that carry fabrics. Guess we will wait and see what they've got to say!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    I'd like to know too. The three near me (Newton, IA, Grinnell, IA, and Pella, IA) have fabric departments. When I travel, I'd like to know which are some that I should make an extra effort to go to.
    Dorian

If you've met one child with Autism, you've met ONE child with Autism.

Walmart has a small internet fabric presence that allows you to buy fabric online and choose free shipping to store or $0.97 direct shipping to buyer. I have bought electronics and prescriptions this way, but never fabric. I imagine choices are limited. If everyone emailed corporate, we could probably persuade them to add "Fabric Dept." to the list of their searchable services in "Store Locator."
    I didn't make this beautiful GFG quilt but it's on my wish list to do

The metro area is big. On the south side in union city, exit hwy 138 off of interstate 85. Take a right just a short distant from the old Sh. mall. They have a nice dept. The one in Newnan is getting better.

The Walmart in Cumming, GA has fabric as well as the one on Hwy 9 between Cumming and Alpharetta. Also check out the quilt store on the west side of Cumming named Thread Bear Fabrics. The website says they have 16,000 bolts of fabric. ( The Walmart in Dahlonega never got rid of their fabric)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast