Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wamsutta OTC??

Wamsutta OTC??

Hi, I purchased 2 pink polka dots prints at a yard sale. The selvage says Wamsutta OTC. They seem older, 70's/ 80's but I'm not sure.
    Does anyone have info on this company and the years they were in business?
    TIA!
    Jenna

Blog Entries
    Do a google search....I do believe they are still in business. They have always be big in the sheets and bedding market.

I have purchased lots of Wamsutta fabric at garage and estate sales. The latest date I recall seeing on anything from them was 1990's. They paired up with Hallmark Cards on some fabrics, and those sometimes have a copyright date.

Dayle

I have purchased some Wamsutta OTC fabric as well but I can't tell if it is cotton or poly. I have tried finding it with a google search but cannot find this particular one. It is a gorgeous plum with small flowers and vines on it. Does anyone have any ideas how to tell if it is poly or cotton? TIA
    Ellen

Jim
    do a burn test on an edge to find out if there is poly in it....if there is poly in it, the burn spot will begin to roll or ball up cotton doesnt, it burns flat.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

Another way with the match test is that if it is polyester or synthetic, the residue is hard after melting. If it is cotton, the residue is ashy and powdery. Organic fabrics such as wool and silk will be ashy/powdery, too.