Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Want a Vintage Machine thats Rare???????

Banned
    Another forum I am a member of had this posted by one of the members. Super Rare and sold for the price of $11,301 and someone got a deal!!

Ebay number: 160403014996

The listing reads like this,

We are told that this pedal driven machine is indeed a scarce model; and this particular one has probably the most original paint (green with gold highlights) of any of this model ever discovered / there is only a small 3/4" spot of paint loss on the platform surface and two other much smaller and very insignificant paint loss spots on the platform as well - otherwise perfect / the few we have located in reference books do not even come close condition-wise / "Ladies Companion" by "Pratts Patent Feb 3 1857 - 2146 - Boston" / two other patent dates are illegible to us / the only thing missing would be the belt going between the flywheel and the wheel type gear to run the machine - minor we think!! / "Ladies Companion: inscribed on top platform surface / height to machine platform: 28" / No breaks and the most minor of apologies for only the SLIGHT loss of paint - this is the way you want to find 'em"

This listing has lots of photos and I would LOVE to find one!! Just so happens that the buyer of this machine has another one just like it. and from what I have heard from a friend on the NB there were only 2000 of these ever made.

Could you imagine quilting on this one?!?

Billy

wow, that would be quite the machine. But let's see..12k for a machine or 12k to pay off my truck..lol tough choice. haha

I saw that the other day before bidding ended. Super cool!! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    wow, that would be quite the machine. But let's see..12k for a machine or 12k to pay off my truck..lol tough choice. haha
    yeah, what a choice.

Blog Entries
    OMG What a great find! Must be a real collector who won the bid!