Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wanted: Pattern for Large Floral Fabric

Wanted: Pattern for Large Floral Fabric

I've looked and looked all over the 'net and am having trouble finding a good pattern for my lavender large floral fabric. The size of the "fussy cuts" would be a minimum of 9 inches (finished). I have another smaller print that coordinates with the larger floral that, when fussy cut into squares, would be about 4-1/2 inches (finished). I also have pulled from my stash about 8 to 10 other blender fabrics that coordinate with the large floral. Originally, I was thinking about simple large squares alternating with snowball blocks, but I'd like a pattern that's more interesting.

Thanks for the help.
    Frolfsen
    Parker, CO
    "Find joy in the journey."

Blog Entries
    Frolfsen, I dont know if this pattern would work for you or not but check out quilter's cache websit and go to garden maze pattern. This would be beautiful in the floral fabric.

Blog Entries
    you might try the big ease by bloom creek, it a simple pattern but if you have large print fabric you love its a great pattern to show off your fabrics.
    Warm Regards,
    Sandra

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    the bigger the print, the simpler the block, let it do the work for you, fussycut the centers and then make different colors in sashing to highlight your print...or you could always frame them in circles like this...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/double-wedding-ring-cheryl-phillips-book-t166396.html

Afternoon Delight, Love That Print, Labyrinth, Magnolias Quilt Pattern (by Blank Quilting) are all good for showing off big prints.
    I did the Magnolias for my daughter - this is the link - and it was well-received
    1001 knots - well 166 - is this TOO MUCH???
    SueSew
    "If it's messy, eat it over the sink!" Mom

Blog Entries
    This one was recently shown here on the board, Costa Maya Sunshine Quilt Top finished
    I made this one (the second quilt down) Bright Batik French braid and lap quilt
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Blog Entries
    I have a pattern (haven't made it yet) that was shown finished at the LQS that uses large and small squares. It's called "Much More Than Squares" by Robin Jones. You can find it @ www.cottontailquiltshop.com . The designer was at the shop and showed several quilts made from this pattern.
    Joyce

I made this Double Irish Chain using a large scale lilac flower print. I really like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Quote Originally Posted by Frolfsen View Post
    I've looked and looked all over the 'net and am having trouble finding a good pattern for my lavender large floral fabric. The size of the "fussy cuts" would be a minimum of 9 inches (finished). I have another smaller print that coordinates with the larger floral that, when fussy cut into squares, would be about 4-1/2 inches (finished). I also have pulled from my stash about 8 to 10 other blender fabrics that coordinate with the large floral. Originally, I was thinking about simple large squares alternating with snowball blocks, but I'd like a pattern that's more interesting.

Thanks for the help.
    There is a pattern in Quiltmaker Mag. March/April this year, thats called Cornflower Fields. It would be perfect for you. I made it, and it's a queen size. I uses big blocks. I did mine in nutrual colors, and I love it. I can send a picture if you want to see it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by babindg12200; 12-14-2011 at 02:55 PM.