Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Warm & Natural batting - quilt is so thin after a year! >

Warm & Natural batting - quilt is so thin after a year!

Warm & Natural batting - quilt is so thin after a year!

Old 01-26-2015, 06:54 AM

Thanks for all the feedback! Does anyone know of a site that compares quilts with different battings? I will have to google...

I have a king size quilt that I will be quilting soon, my first attempt on a long arm. I will have to research a bit, but I think I will try out an 80/20, or maybe doubling up a poly and a cotton. I like heavier quilts, not really enjoying the flat look of the four quilts I have completed using just a cotton batting. I think three of them are Quilter's Dream and then of course there is the W&N one I wrote about here.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Aszule View Post
Has anybody quilted with Warm & Plush? I would love to see some pictures that compare the look of quilts with Warm & Plush vs Warm & Natural. Can anyone help with that?
I just finished a quilt yesterday with the Warm and Plush. I will post a pic today. It hasn't been washed yet but it does seem to have more pouf than the traditional W & N.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:25 AM

I just ordered a queen sized Warm and Plush from Amazon...this is why I LOVE this board!! I wouldn't have given this a try without all the discussion. I always learn something from the Quilting Board.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:34 AM

I am making a quilt with Warm and Plush. It's really nice. My longarmer loved working with it too. It is made by the same company and is quite a bit thicker. I'll post after I get the binding on. The quilting really shows up.

Last edited by BonnieI; 01-26-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

I totally agree. When you get to see it being used by the recipients and not for a mechanic drape on a car or truck. It's a little thin. Maybe it is just much more relaxed (softer) from use.
Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
How wonderful for you to see the quilt has been loved and used! Sounds like your quilt gift was a huge success! Maybe you could make him another "big boy" quilt now? I am a fairly new quilter and don't have any experience with a 'well used' quilt for guidance, but nice to see your gift is loved.