Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A Warm Welcome >

A Warm Welcome

A Warm Welcome

Old 06-27-2011, 06:04 PM

Thank you to everyone for welcoming me and the praise and encouragement on my first block. The quilting bug bit me about a month and a half ago when I started reading the Elm Creek Quilters series. However I am no good at hand sewing and didn't have a sewing machine yet. So I added a sewing machine to my wedding registry (justifying it by saying I'll sew clothes for our 5 year old, curtains, etc) and hoped. I received the sewing machine for my wedding and sat down in front of it last night to set it up. This was the first time I had been in front of a sewing machine in 7 years. I made myself a shirt when I was 18 and hadn't tried since. I found the process of cutting the fabric relaxing. I've always loved our local Joanns store, looking at all the different fabrics. And so I have started. My dh is very worried already but we have an agreement that we will be fair about our habits, his woodworking and my quilting. And so another quilter is born...
Old 06-27-2011, 06:07 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!

Congratulations on your marriage!! I hope it is a long and happy one!!! Glad to have you on board..
Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 PM

I'm so excited you got a sewing machine. It will be the best gift ever. We're happy you joined in the fun.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Kansas
Old 06-27-2011, 06:13 PM

Welcome aboard!!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:19 PM

Welcome from Tennessee. let the fun begin, quilting is such a good hobby.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:35 PM

Hi, and welcome from Arkansas!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:39 PM

Welcome from Eastern Oregon! That is an awesome wedding gift. I hope you will treasure it for many years to come!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

:) Hello and welcome, from Perth, Western Australia. Look forward to seeing your work.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingmama
Thank you to everyone for welcoming me and the praise and encouragement on my first block. The quilting bug bit me about a month and a half ago when I started reading the Elm Creek Quilters series. However I am no good at hand sewing and didn't have a sewing machine yet. So I added a sewing machine to my wedding registry (justifying it by saying I'll sew clothes for our 5 year old, curtains, etc) and hoped. I received the sewing machine for my wedding and sat down in front of it last night to set it up. This was the first time I had been in front of a sewing machine in 7 years. I made myself a shirt when I was 18 and hadn't tried since. I found the process of cutting the fabric relaxing. I've always loved our local Joanns store, looking at all the different fabrics. And so I have started. My dh is very worried already but we have an agreement that we will be fair about our habits, his woodworking and my quilting. And so another quilter is born...
I am so happy that you have discovered sewing "again". I too love the Elm Creek Quilters! Makes me want to learn to actually quilt! Or at least learn to do it better than the scrap quilts I make now! I took "home ec" for several years and when I got married, the first thing I got myself was a sewing machine. I was really glad I had it when my kids were growing up! I made many clothes for the kids and myself. I still make a few things but not as often as I'd like to. I had to take a couple of years off from sewing and am just getting back to it. I didn't realize how much I missed it! It is so relaxing for me most of the time anyways!
My 13 year old grandson wants me to teach him to sew! I told him I would.
Jan on 446
>^;;^