Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Warner Robins Ga. Quilt Shops??

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Warner Robins Ga. Quilt Shops??

As of Sept. 20th I will be living in the Warner Robins, GA area for 5-6 months while DH is working at the air force base for his company. I know there is "A Scarlet Thread" about 1/2 hour away but was wondering if there were any other LQS in the surrounding Macon/Warner Robins area.
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

I don't know the answer, but I was born in Warner Robbins, GA, while my parents were stationed there 65 years ago. We stayed there one year...so I can't help, but I sure picked up on Warner Robbins. Neat. Hope you find some quilt shops nearby.

Dina

There is a Hancock and a Hobby Lobby on Watson Blvd (the main drag that crosses I-75) near Target. My MIL lives near W-R and we visit there quite often. We haven't had any luck finding a LQS, but if you do better please let me know. I think there are a couple in Macon, but I haven't really searched for them. The Hancock is staffed by some very nice people and we usually find something there that we can't live without.

Scarlet Thread (exit 221 - funny, right) is worth the drive - it is a HUGE shop and the owners are very nice. They have some 5 yard coordinated bundles for $30 I think. Tons of patterns and rows and rows and rows of fabric. It may be our favorite shop, and it's a good thing for our budget that they are so far from us.

Darren
    Last edited by wesing; 09-16-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Quilts and Fixins in Jonesboro. It's not that far from Scarlet Thread. The ladies there are WONDERFUL! Lots of novelty fabrics.
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

Blog Entries
    Love the Scarlet Thread

We lived in Warner Robins from 1970-72. So this thread brings back memories. Son lives in atlanta and I go there often, but have never made the trip back. Might consider to visit Scarlet Thread.

I also have a Warner Robins connection. I graduated from Warner Robins High School in 1969. My dad was stationed there.
    DonnaR
    Grammy to Isaiah and Ruth