Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Washing quilt gloves?

Washing quilt gloves?

My quilting gloves are getting kind of dirty from all the quilting. Can I just throw them in the washing machine or do they require special handling? I guess I threw out the package they came in
    Heather

I've wondered the same thing! Hopefully someone will tell us.

Suzy

Power Poster
    I have Machingers and my finger tips were getting pretty dirty too. I put them on and used a bit of dish soap to wash them. I worked up a good lather on my hands/gloves and then rinsed them well. I hung them to dry and they look much better now. I have the package and it said....Hand wash in cool water with mild detergent. Dry flat. Do not tumble dry or iron. With extended use, lint and excess fabric dye may accumulate on fingertip coating. To renew grip, gently rub oil soap or saddle soap on fingertip coating, then wash accordingly to care instructions. Wow, the first time I read the whole care instructions!

Thank you, I will try that!
    Heather

Never thought about just washing while wearing!
    Carol in Michigan

Trust me, these gloves are not machine washable. Should have kept the instructions. Ended up having to buy a new pair. Now I have the instructions! Anyway, the washer and dryer destroyed them that first pair of gloves. Live and learn! I now have a file for all instructions related to quilting paraphernalia! This is something I should have set up long ago, and I am still retrieving instructions from "safe spots" and drawers all over the house to put in this file. I will​ be organized!
    MacThayer

I've thrown my machingers in the washer along with the delicate load and machine dried them on low with no problems. I didn't see/never read washing instructions. I just assumed I could use washer & drier. I've had these for years.

I have hand washed mine with good success. Now I just have to get the blood off where I got poked with a finger. With the blood spot I now know which glove is the left hand.