Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Waterproof Ground quilts

Blog Entries

Waterproof Ground quilts

I've noticed a couple of threads recently on how to make a quilt with a waterproof backing. I came across this blog while browsing for something else. She just used a cloth tablecloth and a vinyl tablecloth but I think you should be able to use a quilt top if you chose. She also didn't put any batting in it or quilt it. But if you look in the comment section, she was asked about washing it and her response was to wash it in the washer but air dry it. http://thecottagehome.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Think you certainly could use a quilt top but think I would tienitmrather than machine quilting it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mucky View Post
    Think you certainly could use a quilt top but think I would tienitmrather than machine quilting it.
    I was thinking tying it would be great. I would have to put some type of batting in it too. . .
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Thanks for sharing!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

I did something similar for a changing table topper. I took a flannel backed tablecloth to make a pillow type topper for the changing table. Don't recall what I put inside, think it might have been a really thinned down old pillow. Because it was not very big and I wanted to maintain it's dampness resistance I did not even tie it. Then did a regular fabric or flannel cover that could be taken off and thrown in the washer so there was no need for DGS to lay directly on the plastic.
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

If it will be sat on, I for sure would put in a batting. The ground can get mighty hard. I would probably use a high loft or a thick craft poly batting.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.