Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Way Back machine...

The Way Back machine...

My sister and I have been talking about making this quilt for years. We recently rediscovered the pamphlet where we saw the pattern originally,(circa 1991) but now are reminded that the pattern isn't there; just a short review of the book where the pattern can be found. What to do? Ask my quilting buddies for help...The pattern is"Brown Cats" from Quilts To Share by Janet Kime. No publication date but it's probably 1991. The photo is the cover of the pamphlet and the pattern in question. It's simple and I'm sure we could make a template easily enough, but we would like the pattern if we can find it. Thanks to one and all for any input you can offer
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

Blog Entries
    Last edited by woody; 06-14-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Just made this for fun for a tote bag...it's your cat with a tail...
    www.quilterscache.com/k/KidsCat.html
    Easy, cute....have fun!
    Note: this didn't link, but if you google "Kids Can Quilt" you will reach the page directly.
    Last edited by Hulalulu; 06-15-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: link didn'twork

This pattern is in The Cat's Meow quilt book, by Janet Kime, That Patchwork Place. I checked and Amazon has it and there's 6 up for bid on ebay.

Yep, The Cat's Meow book. I have it, too.

Absolutely The Cats Meow by Janet Kime. In the book she did it all in homespuns. The pattern is great in any fabric combos from scrappy to coordinated. Here is a link to one I quilted for a client in bright scrappy cat fabrics:

"Cat Tangles" quilted by Feline Fanatic

And here are assorted pics I posted of quilts I did out of her book (and a Debbie Mumm cat pattern that was very similar):

cat quilts

If you love cats and quilts this book is a must have IMHO. I have it and have made several quilts out of it and have a few that are ongoing UFO's. She also another great one called Christmas Cats and Dogs. Both great books. Her patterns are easy to follow with lots of pics and clear concise directions for speed piecing techniques.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Cats-Meow-...9763717&sr=1-1

Blog Entries
    Nice pattern. I made this one: for my DD. It's a Pam Bono design. http://www.ellensquiltcreations.com/...category_id=44
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katydidkg View Post
    This pattern is in The Cat's Meow quilt book, by Janet Kime, That Patchwork Place. I checked and Amazon has it and there's 6 up for bid on ebay.
    Check out Alibris.com for the book - they're usually much cheaper than anywhere else.
    TwandasMom

Blog Entries
    I have the Quilts to Share book. I bought it for the house block quilt on the cover. Amazon has used copies for $1 - $3.

Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I posted once how to use the Way Back Machine for finding no longer available on line patterns and the moderator promptly deleted it. LOL.
    Got fabric?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast