Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wedding Quilt Suggestions

My son called last night he is leaving for the Air Force next Monday after waiting since last July. He has been seeing a girl and they have been talking about marriage when he is done with tech school in September. So I want to make them a wedding quilt, I have a couple of ideas but am open to any thing. Colors will be blue, silver, and pink. I am looking at Shoreline Log Cabin in Judy Martins log cabin book.

Also Judy Neimeyer bali wedding star. Or crossroads or coral fantasy in Batik Gems book. Basically open for suggestions.

Blog Entries
    Anything you choose will be made with Love. Just go with what feels right. If in doubt ask the couple which they like best.:)

My son is getting married too (not till fall 2012) Im thinking about the Bali Wedding star as well. Love that one. Pattern is pricy though, but comes with all the foundation pieces.

If you can, I would ask the girl what she likes best. You don't have to tell her you are making it for them.

They are all very pretty and would look great in those colors. If you can't ask them, maybe make a sample block from each pattern in similar colors and see which you like best.

Congrats to the couple. :)

I would definately ask the girl what she likes. I would get her input for colors, style, etc. If she is close by, then let her help select the fabric and even the pattern.

Pam M

great suggestions, thank you all. I am actually going to meet her for the first time this weekend, I will take patterns with me and have her choose which she likes and give me the colors she would prefer.

Blog Entries
    What about a Lover's Knot by Eleanor Burns?

Blog Entries
    Log Cabin is my favorite block, but I also LOVE the Bali Wedding Star quilt!!! Either would be wonderful.

I agree fully with Pam M (milp04), let the girl give you her input. That will make her want to use it and not put it away somewhere. Good luck to your son and please thank him for his service. My son is leaving for his last tour of duty in June then when he comes home (after 6 months) he will have only 4 more months before he can retire from the Air Force. We are so proud of him and I know your family will be proud of your son too. God Bless you all.