Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wedding Quilt

Hi everyone. My daughter is getting married in September. For her wedding we have made fabric squares to place in center of each table. After the wedding I would like to use this fabric to make a quilt. I will have 24 squares measuring 21/1/2", two different colors, hot pink and bright yellow. I am looking for a creative way to use the fabric as a memory for her and her husband. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch

I would cut it into strips and use them around wedding pictures. Get disposable cameras for the tables and ask guests to feel free to take candid shots of the reception. Also get some of the wedding pictures, copy them onto fabric, put yellow around wonky cut then pink and wonky cut it. Alternate the pinks and yellows.

Blog Entries
    An attic window with the sashes in shades of their wedding colors? :D:D:D

Have the guests sign them with a saying to the bride and groom and date the blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    I would cut it into strips and use them around wedding pictures. Get disposable cameras for the tables and ask guests to feel free to take candid shots of the reception. Also get some of the wedding pictures, copy them onto fabric, put yellow around wonky cut then pink and wonky cut it. Alternate the pinks and yellows.
    love the idea about cameras, but put tag on them to leave at table for Bride and groom....a friend went to a wedding where one of the guests at her table went around and put all the cameras into her purse then walked out...Bride never got any cameras or photos back...

I love the idea of pics included in the quilt. What a fun and great gift this is going to be.