Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wedding Ring Quilts >

Wedding Ring Quilts

Wedding Ring Quilts

Old 09-03-2011, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Originally Posted by butterflywing
http://www.amazon.com/Rings-That-Bin.../dp/0967789443

this is 'rings that bind'. no curved piecing. the price on amazon is crazy. the book is $24.95.

on the picture of the book, click on the choice for the back cover to see the possibilities. it's done like a flippy thing with the addition of machine applique.

google 'rings that bind' for other info.

edit: i just thought of a good comparison. it's done like a fake 'orange peel'. exactly the same with your choice of back and front. the back has the rings that turn over to the front.
I just had to check it out on Amazon, that really must be a misprint for the price. I bought my book from Cheryl about 4 years ago and paid $40.00. Someone needs to inform her of the price that Amazon is charging. That is just outrageous.

i checked the price elsewhere and saw that the book is no longer available. that's probably why the price shot way up. but someone here did say that it's on the kaye wood network and i did see it there on her video. if you make your own template from template plastic then you can follow the video and you don't need the book. you'd have to trace around the template with a marking pencil.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970
I just started the Double Wedding Ring using Marti Michell's templates and while it's challenging, it goes together real good if you just watch your accuracy when cutting and sewing. I hope that it's next year's August 13 or you're already behind the eight ball!!
Oh definitely next year... lol...
Old 09-04-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
http://www.amazon.com/Rings-That-Bin.../dp/0967789443

this is 'rings that bind'. no curved piecing. the price on amazon is crazy. the book is $24.95.

on the picture of the book, click on the choice for the back cover to see the possibilities. it's done like a flippy thing with the addition of machine applique.

google 'rings that bind' for other info.

edit: i just thought of a good comparison. it's done like a fake 'orange peel'. exactly the same with your choice of back and front. the back has the rings that turn over to the front.
I just had to check it out on Amazon, that really must be a misprint for the price. I bought my book from Cheryl about 4 years ago and paid $40.00. Someone needs to inform her of the price that Amazon is charging. That is just outrageous.

i checked the price elsewhere and saw that the book is no longer available. that's probably why the price shot way up. but someone here did say that it's on the kaye wood network and i did see it there on her video. if you make your own template from template plastic then you can follow the video and you don't need the book. you'd have to trace around the template with a marking pencil.
Sorry about the double post first off!

If the price on amazon is ridiculous then I'll check ebay or a used book site or something (I have my sources! :) ) Theres a book that I want that has dress patterns in it (The Lolita Bible) and Amazon wants almost $200! I could get it for about $80 if I bought from the Japanese Amazon (the book is like $20 plus shipping and customs) But I'm looking for a copy in the states or at least on Ebay! It's not an easy to find book... much like Nero Corleone (favorite childrens book thats out of print).

Thank you everyone!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:35 PM

I was told that John Flynn's pattern was excellent and that they also had the templates. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I have bought the book and the templates for the size I want. I just finally managed to buy the fabric. The site is www.johnflynns.com I think I must have took it out of my address book so if you try it and can't get thru PM me and I'll get my book out and see if the info is on there I'm pretty sure I have it. Sue
Old 09-07-2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by ging10ging
I was told that John Flynn's pattern was excellent and that they also had the templates. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I have bought the book and the templates for the size I want. I just finally managed to buy the fabric. The site is www.johnflynns.com I think I must have took it out of my address book so if you try it and can't get thru PM me and I'll get my book out and see if the info is on there I'm pretty sure I have it. Sue
That website doesn't seem to exist, but I found John Flynn's book (pattern, templates, etc.) here: http://www.amazon.com/Flynns-Double-.../dp/0962788902
Old 09-08-2011, 02:37 PM

i'll look at my book for his site later i have to wait for dh to take my computer down off mt knee. please forgive my typing i can only use one hand for a couple of wks. i had two cortizone shots in my l hand and its still numb but wearing off and it hurts. there is a certain way to put site in for john flynn. sue
Old 09-08-2011, 03:15 PM

Hi the site is www.flynnquilt.com ..double wedding ring step by step workbook gives cardboard templates or you can order the plastic template size you want and the booklet if you order together they give you 5.00 off. they show a bunch of patterns. his co. is flynn quilt frame co. , 1000 shiloh overpass rd, billings, montana 59106. the book was 15.95 and i forgot the templates i must have like i say they do have temps in back and amt of material needed and for several size beds. i can't type to good with one finger but good luck whichever way you go. isbn 0-9627889-0-2. sue
Old 09-14-2011, 10:13 PM

Thank you ladies!!! I will be sure to check that stuff out! :)
Old 10-03-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Quiltsmart and Eleanor Burns makes a simple one- you make the rings and applique them to the background fabric :wink:
This one works out great, used this pattern for the quilt in my Avatar.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:26 AM

That's really pretty!!!! I'll look into it! Thank you!