Wedding Ring Rulers >

Wedding Ring Rulers

Wedding Ring Rulers

Old 03-11-2017, 05:34 PM

Default Wedding Ring Rulers

OK,
I have a question to ask the group.
I need to make a Wedding Ring quilt (queen Size). I was wondering
what type of Wedding Ring Rulers did you use when you made one?
Because there so many pieces to cut out I just decided to get a ruler set instead of trying to cut
my own by paper/cardboard, that way maybe with luck (ha ha) the pieces may come out the same size
when cutting my fabric, and if you have any tips/advice on this quilt please, please share the tips with me
Thank you.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Gay

Can't help much but I will follow this thread, as I'm looking at Shar Jorgensens' templates

http://www.qheartland.com/pd_double_wedding_ring.cfm

Have tried the "Rings that Bind' method - and mucked it up. Didn't realize the end section should be cut on the bias, and my backing circles stretched (or shrunk) with sewing and ended up different sizes. So now plan on undoing it all and starting again, as I adore the fabrics.

Was also looking for the templaates for Judy Niemeyers' Bali Wedding Star, but couldn't find them on Creative Grids. Perhaps they only come with a kit. Will look elsewhere later
Old 03-11-2017, 07:32 PM

With all those pieces, and one mistake behind me, it might be time for the accuquilt wedding ring die:

https://www.accuquilt.com/shop/ssear...dding+ring+die

the pieces are all cut perfect
Old 03-11-2017, 07:47 PM
Power Poster

If you want to make it easy the book Rings that Bind and the template acrylic ruler that comes with it is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfifwcg8IJ4
Old 03-12-2017, 04:37 AM

I made one with the Marti Michel templates. All the curves came together easily and I was very happy with the results. With separate templates like hers, most of the time is spent in the cutting. Once the pieces are cut, you can just sew away. I highly recommend them.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:23 AM

although her video is for the die cutter, I think her assembly instructions are super-that's where it can get tricky.. I think you can apply some of her ideas to your project. Ebony Love at Love Studio...I know she is on YouTube.....I will attempt to get the link.......
Old 03-12-2017, 05:28 AM

I am currently making one. I bought templates off Amazon and watched the Shar Jorgenson videos. The templates I bought are similar. So far I've got half of a king size quilt pieced and am about halfway through handquilting that. I'm going to do it in sections to make quilting it easier.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
although her video is for the die cutter, I think her assembly instructions are super-that's where it can get tricky.. I think you can apply some of her ideas to your project. Ebony Love at Love Studio...I know she is on YouTube.....I will attempt to get the link.......

Its LoveBug Studios.com from there you will find LoveBug studio on YouTube, she has a four part series that is excellent....... Sorry but this is the only way I can direct you there...on iPad, don't know how to get the green direct click on.....

Last edited by Geri B; 03-12-2017 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
If you want to make it easy the book Rings that Bind and the template acrylic ruler that comes with it is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfifwcg8IJ4
I've made three king size DWRs using this method. I use thin batting and each ring sews up perfectly matched.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:59 AM

I used Shar Jorgensen's templates. I didn't realize that the end pieces of the arches were angled differently. I discovered that when I started putting the rows together. A few were on the wrong end and I had to turn them around. It was very difficult, but I got it done. The quilt turned out beautiful. Now I just have to make the sandwich, quilt, and bind it and I am done. Did I mention that it is king sized? After typing this I realize that I am only on first base. I'm afraid that it is in my UFO closet. Maybe someday--right now it gives me the "evil eye" every time I walk past the closet where it is living. lol
Sue