Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
This week's motivational pep talk! >

This week's motivational pep talk!

This week's motivational pep talk!

Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 PM

Default This week's motivational pep talk!

I have been spending way too much time doing other things instead of working on my umpteen projects that I have started. So, I have decided that this week will be one of working on trying to complete some of these things. I hereby promise to do my best to stay out of the stores, off the roads, off the phone, less time on the computer and try my very best to get something done. Who's with me???? I will start a new thread at the end of the week and post my accomplishments. If you are game to join this challenge to ourselves, then please watch for it and be sure to add what you get done to it. It can be done!!! I can do it!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:23 PM

Do they have to be quilting UFOs? I could use some motivation!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
Do they have to be quilting UFOs? I could use some motivation!
Not necessarily. I think we all need a little motivation every now and then on all kinds of things. Of course since this board is where we discuss and show our quilting or other sewing projects, I just figured that this week, I'd concentrate on quilting things. Perhaps if we get motivated to clean up some UFO's and started new projects or whatever, some of that motivation will spill out into other areas of our lives. I'm also getting motivated to lose some weight so I'll feel like doing more. The main thing is to get motivated to get things done!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM

I'll try to keep up with the rest of you. So many UFOs and too much time cleaning house and on computer. Thanks for the thread, hope we can stay motivated.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Power Poster

Count me in.....2013 got off to a really slow start for me, so this week whilst left to my own devices I'm getting off my bottom and doing some serious de-cluttering/organising/culling patterns and books/sorting/cutting the 10 bags of scraps stacked on the floor and intend making a Seminole spectacle case. By night getting along with my GFG.

It's early afternoon here (Tuesday) and very,very hot...but my computer desk is clear and clean, three bags of paper/old mags out in the recycling bin, fabric set aside for the spectacle case and just about to wash a stack of fabric. Tomorrow I'm off to buy files/dividers and continuing to sort books and patterns (all my double-ups and "why am I hanging on to this" magazines/patterns/books are being boxed and put in my car so I can drop them at Mum's place for her craft group ladies.

Look forward to seeing your progress and maybe it will keep us all going
Old 01-14-2013, 08:33 PM

I have 3 quilts that I need to put the binding on that I walk past every day, look at and say maybe later. Hopefully I will follow your lead and complete at least one of them this week. Then again, maybe not.......
Old 01-14-2013, 10:04 PM

Count me in! Been unmotivated since my heart attack in April. Unsuccessful in finding a job, but DH is ok with me not working, so have all the time I could want. I have managed to get a few tops done for charity. Got one on the wall I have to finish this week, tired of looking at it lol.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:09 PM

I'm in. I've committed to the fabric moratorium so this will help me use what I have and finish my UFOs. I really don't want any UFOs, though I don't mind working on two projects at once. I have some major decluttering to do, too. Hopefully I can do both.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 PM

I'm in. I am 2/3 done setting my sewing room up. I have two quilts to finish for baby showers Feb 16th and 23rd. Plus several baby outfits to make. Also, two of my best friends b'days are in Feb and I have projects for them. I need to stay focused.