Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Well, I went to our Wal Mart for fabric >

Well, I went to our Wal Mart for fabric

Well, I went to our Wal Mart for fabric

Old 09-05-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
They getting all their fabric from China? So far I have not been impressed with out Walmart fabric area. hopefully it will get better.
I have read that all our cotton comes from either China or India any more and due to demand that's why fabric prices are getting so out-of-reach. Who can say if Walmart's China cotton fabric is any better or worse than America's China cotton fabric. It's all in the quality of either one. I've bought some poor quality fabric from Walmart and from my LQS!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:06 AM

At one time all our Walmart's(3 super stores, 1 small store our first) in town carried fabric on the bolt now only one and i believe all the others just drop theirs off at the one because they have lots. The other three just have precut squares and jelly rolls. We have a LQS and one Jo Ann, and two Hancock fabric stores,but I couldn't find vintage car fabric and had to search online. I found some at www.fabric.com , I am happy my son is to old for the "Cars" fabric. 8-)
Old 09-05-2011, 08:49 AM

Hang in there ladies, slowly but surely its coming back. When Walmart discontinued bolt fabric a couple of years ago, I refused to shop there for anything - mainly because they repeatedly lied to me. I could see the department decreasing each time I went there, but they kept saying they were just remodeling (all the time WSJ, etc were reporting Walmart was remodeling for the younger crowd and quilting fabric was being discontinued).
A few weeks ago I went to Walmart for the first time since my "boycott" an they had brought back bolts. I talked to one of the cutters and she said I wasn't the only one to stop shopping because of the fabric mess. She also said they were getting more fabric, but she didn't know how much.
Baby steps quilters, baby steps.... apparently they're working their way cross country - We Hope!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:53 AM

If around Crockett or Palestine Texas, go to their Walmart. Both of them carry fabric and happy with it too for there are no other fabric stores close by.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by boopisit
If around Crockett or Palestine Texas, go to their Walmart. Both of them carry fabric and happy with it too for there are no other fabric stores close by.
My local WM kept their fabric. They have remodeled and the department is about half the original size. Quality some good, some not so. They cut out patterns in a drawer. Clerk said that most of the WMs in this area now have fabric back.