Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

I went to the live chat a few minutes ago and couldn't participate. I was able to say hello to everyone then nothing. I tried twice even giving myself a few minutes between post. This is the 3rd time this has happend to me, I feel as though I'm unwittingly anti-social by just leaving without saying goodbye, but nothing happens when I try to participate in the conversation. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

There is sometime a short delay, come on back and try it again. I know that the screen "freezes" up on me from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryl
    I went to the live chat a few minutes ago and couldn't participate. I was able to say hello to everyone then nothing. I tried twice even giving myself a few minutes between post. This is the 3rd time this has happend to me, I feel as though I'm unwittingly anti-social by just leaving without saying goodbye, but nothing happens when I try to participate in the conversation. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Are you on dial up or satellite? When I was on satellite I couldn't do chat. It was just too slow of a connection.

I kept falling off tonight.. Its so fickled sometimes. I will try again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryl
    Are you on dial up or satellite? When I was on satellite I couldn't do chat. It was just too slow of a connection.
    I'm not sure, I have the sprint wireless card for my laptop. I'm gonna give it another try, I'll let you know what happens, thanks everyone.

Went back on posted waited 5 minutes, it never came up on the screen, guess I can't chat.

Blog Entries
    when live chat freezes up just come back in, happens to all of us all the time and Admin is aware of this situation

bj
    I don't do chat too much. When I was visiting pretty often there were nights when it seemed like one person would get booted off...a lot! Sometimes it was because they had dial up, I think. I always enjoyed it, I just have a hard time keeping up sometimes.