Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What to ask vendors at a show this weekend? >

What to ask vendors at a show this weekend?

What to ask vendors at a show this weekend?

Old 04-17-2009, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Moose
What's set out?

Thanks again
at all the shows i've been to, there have been booths for:

bernina
pfaff
janome
viking
featherweights
brother
AND many more.

sometimes many will be shown by the same machine seller. at a show of your size, you should see that many. and you can try them all out.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:31 AM

Thank you all again for your replies. It was really helpful in tackling the vendors yesterday :)
Old 04-20-2009, 07:57 AM

Thank you all again for your replies. It was really helpful in tackling the vendors yesterday :)
Well -- don't leave us hanging like that -- what did you find????
:-) :-)
Old 04-20-2009, 12:53 PM

With my little one I'm online whenever I can so I can only say this right now :) I was there Sunday for the whole 5 hours running around like a chicken with its head cut off. All I managed to do is 5 machine vendors out of the 7. There was a learning curve involved so the last 2 didn't take as long. Upon request 3 of them gave me 30 days price freeze which may or may not turn out to be a deal. I have to inquire around as soon as I do have the time. I also didn't have a clear idea of what I had/could spend until I got there. I know what I like but it's out of reach. I may have to settle for a lesser quality machine with same feature and hope it will last. I'm also researching info about the machine I tried and hadn't considered before, too.

I also got a few batik flannel FQ to die for from Sew Batik to make a quilt for my son's crib... now I HAVE to buy a new machine. LOL
Old 04-20-2009, 01:01 PM

With my little one I'm online whenever I can so I can only say this right now :) I was there Sunday for the whole 5 hours running around like a chicken with its head cut off. All I managed to do is 5 machine vendors out of the 7. There was a learning curve involved so the last 2 didn't take as long. Upon request 3 of them gave me 30 days price freeze which may or may not turn out to be a deal. I have to inquire around as soon as I do have the time. I also didn't have a clear idea of what I had/could spend until I got there. I know what I like but it's out of reach. I may have to settle for a lesser quality machine with same feature and hope it will last. I'm also researching info about the machine I tried and hadn't considered before, too.

I also got a few batik flannel FQ to die for from Sew Batik to make a quilt for my son's crib... now I HAVE to buy a new machine. LOL
Sounds like you had fun and learned a lot!!! Can't wait to see what machine you do get :D :D :D