Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: What is the best iron to use

I have a Rowenta and a Shark.. and they both leave like a seive........ the cheap B & D one served me so much better.. and it didnt have that darn auto off!!! I hate that feature... next i buy will another dollar store cheapy....

Blog Entries
    My Rowenta is about 9 yrs old. Like all of you quilters it is on alot. I knocked it off the other day and now it leaks. It has been a great iron - and will replace it with another Rowenta - I think.
    Quilting in the Desert

Quote Originally Posted by ka9sdn View Post
    I would not waste my $$ on a Rowenta. I have had two (slow learner) and they just aren't worth the cost. Spurt, don't steam well and leak.

I totally agree - I must be a slow learner as well, because I've had two Rowentas which just weren't worth the money I spent on them. I currently have a T-Fall which I love. Lots of steam and an auto shut-off after 5 minutes, which can be a pain, but I am so bad about turning off the iron that my DH insisted..... My daughter has a Black & Decker which I have used when at her home, and it also is a great iron.

I guess paying more doesn't always mean you get better quality...
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

Blog Entries
    I use T-Fal irons, I also do not put water in them, but use a seperate bottle for spraying the fabric with water then pressing, saves on the inside of the iron.

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ka9sdn View Post
    I would not waste my $$ on a Rowenta. I have had two (slow learner) and they just aren't worth the cost. Spurt, don't steam well and leak.
    I had the same thing happen to me and I wrote to the company in NYC and no response from them.
    quilting with my dogs

Just adding to the thumbs down on the Rowenta Iron, and thumbs down on Auto Shut-Off. Even as a newbie quilter, it drives me batty to keep waking up my iron. Rowenta was about $50 when I bought it ~15 years ago, and it, too, leaked.
    I like my cheapo Sunbeam $20, but the ASO feature is annoying.

my boss' mother in law gave me s Shark and I love it. I have a old iron on my table next to my sewing machine that I paid $1.49 at a thrift store and it works and has for the past 7 years...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3