Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13

Thread: What did you buy today any fabrics, tools, patterns etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
    Quote Originally Posted by isewhegolf
    Went to Quilt Expo yesterday and saw all kinds of new goodies. Bought a Martelli Rotary Cutter and pack of blades, Grab-a-Roos, Famore tweezers, and beige, yellow, and red tailor's chalk. Best of all, all the great ideas didn't cost a dime!

isewhegolf
    What's Grab a roos? I might need one.
    I might need one too
    I think grab-a-roos are the flexible rubber discs (about half dollar size) that you use to pull your needle through the layers when hand quilting.

I went to a yard sale this morning with my husband. I had seen it listed and could not wait to get there. And what a goldmine. I could have spent 100's. She had lots and lots of quilting fabric and quilting stuff. Also a Bernette and a serger, which were both in great condition. My poor husband looked around and saw there was nothing for guys and then proceeded to wait patiently. I told him he could wait in the car. He did. I found some very pretty Asian stuff and gorgeous floral flannel. I bought 21 bucks worth, because that was all the cash I had with me. Then we left and we went for breakfast, and stopped at the bank. Then back I went and bought 30 bucks more fabric. I got mostly tonals that time.

I am so excited that I found the floral flannel. I bought a rag quilt pattern a few years ago, but never found the right fabric. This is not exact, but it will work and be beautiful, I think. There is plenty to do the front I hope. Nine an a half yards of variety. I just need to find the stuff for the back. Might use regular cotton for that.

Anyway, I blew my whole yard sale budget at one place, but it was great fun.

dsj

Katia, sounds like you had fun today. Great finds and your hubby was very sweet to be so patient. Happy sewing with your treasures.

Well, today I received my 12" square-up ruler, Kaleidascope ruler, and a Kwik Klip (since I left blood on the last quilt from a pin prick) from Quilt in a Day. Do the blocks from the I Spy swap count I received today? That was all for today.

I have an order from Connecting Threads coming. Got the e-mail today!! I can't wait for it to get here!

No quilts today. I had to put a new timing belt on my car. Sherry mcd

Oh, yes. I bought a new jelly roll book yesterday. Sherry mcd

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13