Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What did you do on National Quilt Day? >

What did you do on National Quilt Day?

What did you do on National Quilt Day?

Old 04-09-2013, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz View Post
To give you an update on my husband: Day 11 of hospital day looked like he would be coming home. Morning of Day 12 he went for an ultrasound to see how the pancreas was. While he was having that, he felt a pain in his stomach. It continued to get worse. After all day of excruciating pain and lots of dr. guessing, he was taken for a CT scan which showed that he had doudonal ulcer which perforated. So he was rushed in for emergency surgery. We are on day 16 and he is improving slowly. He still cannot have anything by mouth, so he rinses and sucks it out of his mouth a lot. I don't know how long he will be in the hospital. He will probably go to rehab before he comes home and it will most likely be over a month before he goes back to work.
So, this is day 29 and we are still in the hospital. I had an episode of some kind of gastritis thing that I get about once a year. So spent a day and a half and home. We have been set to go home several times now, but something has always come up medically to derail that. The latest news is that we will go home tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. Bill will come home with a feeding tube and drain. I will administer his meds into his feeding tube. He Type 2 diabetes will probably be treated with insulin. The feeding pump people are supposed to meet with me today to teach me how to use it. Just read from another quilter here on the board that she had the feeding tube for 6 months! I pray that we don't have it that long. In the middle of all this, we are having furnace problems. It's working for now. Hope it continues, we can't afford to have someone in. It has been such a long road we have been on. This morning I am feeling tired and I have a headache. I think I'm a little discouraged today.