Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What a Difference

What a Difference

I have always had trouble with my binding. It never turned out quite like I wanted it to look. Tonight I used a walking foot for the first time while binding my quilt and OH MY... WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The pushing and shoving trying to keep the fabric under the pressure foot was gone. Mostly, I just had to guide the fabric. I will never bind another quilt without using my walking foot. IMHO if you have one, use it..

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

They are very helpful!
    Heather

I bought a very inexpensive Brother machine because I was having trouble with my Pfaff and put it in the shop. I had to buy a walking foot for the Brother machine and you're right...it's priceless.

Since then, I've wandered back to my16 year old Pfaff Tiptronic 2020, which is very tired, but still sews ok, and it has a much better feed dog, along with a built in walking foot, so I'm happy to be using it again, at least until it gives up the ghost completely. lol
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Blog Entries
    I waited a long time to get a walking foot...I'd never be without one now! I use it on things other than quilts, tote bags and such. It makes such a difference!

absolutely!

I agree about the walking foot! Makes all the difference! i always use it to do my bindings.

Thanks for the information.

You've convinced me to dig mine out ;o)
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

I cannot imagine putting on binding without a walking foot, The walking foot for my Bernina was very expensive; but it has been worth every cent.

I had been quilting for almost a year before I was able to get one as a christmas gift and I thank my mom everyday for such a wonderful christmas gift. I use it for everything unless I am using my fmq foot. or this zig zag choppy thing foot that puts a sorta like serger edge to things.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast