Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is the difficulty rating for Dereck Lockwood bargellos and how well are directs? >

What is the difficulty rating for Dereck Lockwood bargellos and how well are directs?

What is the difficulty rating for Dereck Lockwood bargellos and how well are directs?

Old 09-28-2013, 09:01 AM

Default What is the difficulty rating for Dereck Lockwood bargellos and how well are directs?

I think Bargellos are really beautiful but I haven't really found any that make me say "I have to make that". I did see this and really like it so I thought it may be a good start.

http://www.lockwoodquilts.com/store/.../mystique.html

I was wondering if the Lockwood patterns are easy enough or more difficult to follow?

Also, does his construction method lead to seams that interlock (I don't like patterns that do not address the method of pressing that leads to the best seams interlocking for final construction).

One last question, does the pattern give any advice as to how to select a succesfull collection of fabrics?

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:17 PM

I did the Links pattern by Lockwood. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t169325.html

I thought the pattern was easy to follow and the quilt was not too difficult for me as a confident beginner.

As far as I remember, I ironed the seams in each row so that they would interlock. (I did this quilt 2 years ago).

I do think choosing your fabrics is one of the most difficult parts of a bargello. I bought this quilt as a kit, since I was not confident enough to pick my own fabrics, and I loved the colors in the kit.

Give it a try, bargello's are fun to make.

Elise
Old 09-29-2013, 12:28 PM

Elsie1--your quilt is incredible. Very stunning. I went ahead and purchased the pattern but will have to consider the fabric selections. Thanks for sharing yours.