Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do with 100s of handcut 4 1/2" squares...?

Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty
    yes half square triangles would be great. after those are made, there are endless possibilities for the hst blocks. i would do light with a dark on the squares. square them up atfter you cut the hst's apart. hope the attached pics give you a visual.

here is a link for an idea making hst: http://quilting.about.com/od/quickpi...squaretria.htm

Quote Originally Posted by CoriAmD
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMel
    Hmmh...Disappearing 9 patch and tumbler block might work...I have to make two quilts for
    the girls and I would like to make them different....any other ideas? I knew I could count on my board friends to throw out some ideas :)
    I was going to suggest the same thing. HST the possibilities are endless and interesting.

How about making 1/2 sq triangle blocks, then trim them to be square after you seperate the two pieces... gosh I hope you understand what I just said.... LOL

How about a 10 minute block or dissapearing nine patch.

You could try a charm quilt or even trim them to 3 1/2 and do as you choose, do patchwork quilts, all different. Have fun with it!

Did anybody mention a scrappy Irish Chain?

Havplenty, they are beautiful. What a good idea!

You can do a Trip Around the World, a 9 Patch. also think of a 4 patch,and then how about an Irish Chain. One of my favorites is called Highway to Heaven... The idea can be endless.

working on a scrappy UFO behind my Viking
    Blog Entries
    scrap quilts

PLEASE....what is the HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN quilt ? ? ? I googled it - with no luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel
    You can do a Trip Around the World, a 9 Patch. also think of a 4 patch,and then how about an Irish Chain. One of my favorites is called Highway to Heaven... The idea can be endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow
    PLEASE....what is the HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN quilt ? ? ? I googled it - with no luck...

I found this one called Road to Heaven not sure if this is what she was referring to or not, but heres the link:

http://www.chelmsfordquiltguild.com/...adToHeaven.pdf

THANK YOU....looks luciously scrappy ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by MsMel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow

I found this one called Road to Heaven not sure if this is what she was referring to or not, but heres the link:

http://www.chelmsfordquiltguild.com/...adToHeaven.pdf

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast