Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 115

Thread: What to do with 100s of handcut 4 1/2" squares...?

  1. #101
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lumby, British Columbia
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty
    yes half square triangles would be great. after those are made, there are endless possibilities for the hst blocks. i would do light with a dark on the squares. square them up atfter you cut the hst's apart. hope the attached pics give you a visual.

    here is a link for an idea making hst: http://quilting.about.com/od/quickpi...squaretria.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by CoriAmD
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMel
    Hmmh...Disappearing 9 patch and tumbler block might work...I have to make two quilts for
    the girls and I would like to make them different....any other ideas? I knew I could count on my board friends to throw out some ideas :)
    I was going to suggest the same thing. HST the possibilities are endless and interesting.

    How about making 1/2 sq triangle blocks, then trim them to be square after you seperate the two pieces... gosh I hope you understand what I just said.... LOL

  2. #102
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,475
    How about a 10 minute block or dissapearing nine patch.

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15
    You could try a charm quilt or even trim them to 3 1/2 and do as you choose, do patchwork quilts, all different. Have fun with it!

  4. #104
    Senior Member Jennie and Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N.W. Missouri
    Posts
    640
    Did anybody mention a scrappy Irish Chain?

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    701
    Havplenty, they are beautiful. What a good idea!

  6. #106
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    eastern Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,877
    You can do a Trip Around the World, a 9 Patch. also think of a 4 patch,and then how about an Irish Chain. One of my favorites is called Highway to Heaven... The idea can be endless.

  7. #107
    Senior Member sarahconner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    working on a scrappy UFO behind my Viking
    Posts
    810
    Blog Entries
    1
    scrap quilts

  8. #108
    Super Member Rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    1,330
    PLEASE....what is the HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN quilt ? ? ? I googled it - with no luck...


    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel
    You can do a Trip Around the World, a 9 Patch. also think of a 4 patch,and then how about an Irish Chain. One of my favorites is called Highway to Heaven... The idea can be endless.

  9. #109
    Junior Member MsMel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow
    PLEASE....what is the HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN quilt ? ? ? I googled it - with no luck...


    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel
    You can do a Trip Around the World, a 9 Patch. also think of a 4 patch,and then how about an Irish Chain. One of my favorites is called Highway to Heaven... The idea can be endless.
    I found this one called Road to Heaven not sure if this is what she was referring to or not, but heres the link:

    http://www.chelmsfordquiltguild.com/...adToHeaven.pdf

  10. #110
    Super Member Rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    1,330
    THANK YOU....looks luciously scrappy ! ! !

    Quote Originally Posted by MsMel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow
    PLEASE....what is the HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN quilt ? ? ? I googled it - with no luck...


    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel
    You can do a Trip Around the World, a 9 Patch. also think of a 4 patch,and then how about an Irish Chain. One of my favorites is called Highway to Heaven... The idea can be endless.
    I found this one called Road to Heaven not sure if this is what she was referring to or not, but heres the link:

    http://www.chelmsfordquiltguild.com/...adToHeaven.pdf

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.