Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What To Do?? A BIG MOUTH HAS A HOLD OF THE QUILT GUILD!!! >

What To Do?? A BIG MOUTH HAS A HOLD OF THE QUILT GUILD!!!

What To Do?? A BIG MOUTH HAS A HOLD OF THE QUILT GUILD!!!

Old 01-21-2008, 05:48 AM

That woman is showing her lack of class. If we invite criticim, can't figure out where we went wrong and would like the opinion of others to figure it out, then it's fine to CONSTRUCTIVELY criticise. Otherwise it's just plain rude. Let her say what she wants, give her the best dirty look you can muster, say NOTHING and turn your back on her. What an ignorant woman.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:21 AM

Shadow has described my supervisor to a "T". She is not a quilter, but she constantly criticizes my job performance--mostly over trivial things. I can never do anything right in her eyes, and she always looks doen her nose at me. I have to put up with it, in order to keep my job, but that kind of tretmnent doesn't need to be tolerated in a guild. Don't let her get you down. Just know in your heart that the problem is her, not in your work :!: :D :D
Old 01-21-2008, 06:45 AM

Don't get mad get even. Ask where she got her outfit cause you saw one like it at the thrift store. Does she have trouble buying shoes with her big ankles. Embarass her. If that doesn't work wait till she leaves and tell her she has a problem and is a b----. then smack her. lol :twisted:
Old 01-21-2008, 06:50 AM

Ruth, I wonder if that would work on my boss? What fun that would be to tell her that! :lol:
Old 01-21-2008, 07:53 AM

[quote=Shadow Dancer]If this guild is giving you something, then by all means continue to attend. As for big mouth....

When someone continuously criticizes or finds fault, it's not you that they are finding fault with...it's themselves. This woman has an over abundance of low self esteem, and in order to build herself up, she puts others down. She obviously lacks self confidence in her own abilities or she would show her work.

Shadow said it best and it is worth repeating!

Try again if you feel the quild has something to share of value to you. Steer clear of big mouth and look around for someone you can relate to. I have a hunch there are others that don't care for big mouth, either. And, feel sorry for big mouth she must have very low self esteem.
~Joan
Old 01-21-2008, 08:03 AM

she might be jealous anad hers is not that good to prove it tell her to but her quilts where her BIG MOUTH IS and show hers......Maybe she is in the wrong place dont be intimidated by what she says. :lol:
Old 01-21-2008, 08:19 AM

Ohhh, this is just terrible, But listen up, YOU know who you are and what you are, and you also know that none of us were born quilting. We ALL learned including BM. Soooooo, since BM does not pay your bills nor has she taken the time to get acquainted with you in order to know you, nor your capabilites, I certainly would not concern myself with her nor her opinions.

Go to your guild meetings and enjoy each minute....... And you know now, that this lady is to be pitied as she has a big problem about liking herself. Try to befriend her as she may really need a good friend.

:wink:
Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 AM

I also agree that she has a very low self esteem, that is the first thing i thought when u mentioned that she hasn't even showed her work. Either it's nothing to be proud of, and she could be jealous that your work is sooooooooooo much better then hers. I also tried meeting people at another beginners quilt class. At first wow this is going to be great, the ladies were so friendly etc. Well, huh, i went to learn how to make binding, as the rest i guess i have no problems doing, anyhow. All they talked about were their trips they made all over the world, and where they were going for this last Christmas, etc....All the other woman had a whole table to them selves except me and this other woman which we shared a table, no problem. It was hard to cut our fabric, my table partner kept stepping on my fabric, then when it came to sew pieces everything was stretched. Oh i was so angry, so i decided i needed to this work at home, i wasn' t learning anything from this class, except about different countries. Even one time the instructor told me that i over pin :roll: (yep thats me) and that i was to much of a perfectionist. I told her i know how to do most of these different shapes, (pointing at quilts on walls) I came here to learn how to make binding, and i'm not happy with my sewing its crooked and if i'm going to put out 4 to 5 hundred dollars for a quilt, i dam sure i want it to be straight. I know only one person that is perfect is God and not me. I just want it to look nice when its done. She didn't know what to say, other then my quilt won't be crooked. Why were the other woman complaining that their sewing wasn't matching up. They were to busy yapping about trips and not paying attention to their sewing. And she kept saying oh don't worry about that, the quilting will hide those tiny mistakes. I had enough and went home. Besides we are the creators of our quilts and what i pick for colors and designs may not be nice enough to someone else, but if you like what you picked and how your project is going thats our own business. Don't let anyone discourage you from making your own beautiful quilt or any other kind of project. Keep your head up high, do your thing and keep smiling. Next time ask her to show her work, and say maybe if you could see what she does, maybe you would learn something. (this is just to say in a polite way, put up or shut up) And tell her well this is how i do it, it works for me, and i'm happy with my work :!: Sorry for going on and on, i feel better getting that off my chest.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Administrator

so far ... i think ruth has the BEST cure for this b....

igmouth. 8)

[ what did you think i was going to say? :shock: :lol: ]
Old 01-21-2008, 09:57 AM

Well here's my idea, the next time you see her at a meeting, walk up to her and say "Please don't talk to me or about my work, your opinions have no value to me".
For the most part I am like some of the others, companionship but only after you fit in. I really can't say much as the word guild leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. marie