Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Thread: What to do with boxes of quilt magazines

Blog Entries
    I agree with Sandra, Goodwill or Salvation Army will take them. I have often gone through the old
    mags looking for quilting or crafts.

Blog Entries
    Recently I went through my stack of magazines. Most of them had a full year of each mag. Called the library to get their thoughts on them and they told me to bring them down. Chances are that someone might want some of them. Just told them to do as they saw fit. They weren't mine any longer and if someone could get some use from them, that would be great.
    When life goes to pieces, make quilts.

Blog Entries
    How far are you from me in Nebraska, would love to have some.

have any Quilters World magazines, I'd be glad to pay postage for some, as I'm sure some of the other members here on the board probably would too.

I have over 500 quilt magazines, but i just love to go through them when its cold and wet outside.
    God Bless you all.
    Heather.

Donating to guilds or other establishments is a good idea, but I'll tell you what I did to mine. I knew that I would NEVER be able to find a project I'd seen or even a type of quilt I wanted to do, so I tackled one magazine at a time. Leafed through all the pages and saved only the picture and how-to information for projects I really liked and thought I might want to make some day. (Also cut out all templates from the center of the book). Now I have a box full of quilt patterns I really like and refer to "the box" when contemplating a new project or quilt.

my local library has a quilting class - maybe you could check with yours and see if they would like them. Otherwise, I'd call the local guild. Wish I lived closer!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9