Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do I do with... >

What do I do with...

What do I do with...

Old 05-05-2010, 01:00 PM

I do charity quilts for my church. A lady from the church dropped by with 2 large garbage bags and several boxes of fabric.! It is a real mix of material and I've been sorting it out. Have to wash it too. It is clean but smells like it has been in storage for a long time.
I ran across a couple of things : The first one is a panel that has a pattern on it for a 2 "Bunny" dolls named Becky and Bertie. The pattern has the face, ears, legs , arms and outfits for them but it says to paint the wooden head, feet and hands which is not included. Does anyone who makes dolls know how I can find out more about them so I can either make them or pass them on! I've Googled the names and got nothing and there is nothing on it that says who makes them.
The second one is an "antique" look piece of fabric 44" by 72". It has bands running the length of it with plaid, hens and bunnies. So what whould you use this for? Maybe totes? It is very country. Any ideas?
Old 05-05-2010, 06:49 PM

You could paint a face for the rabbit panel and applique it all onto a quilt top. The stripe fabric is always good for borders but it depends on if it is still in good enough shape to use without falling apart.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

I am no help with the dolls but I love fabric like your striped one for borders. It can really set off a quilt pattern.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 AM

If the size of the head is given, you could stuff a fabric one after you embroider a face on it.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:44 PM

Gwyn and Jerrie make dolls so you could pm them with you question about the dolls, they might be interested in taking the fabric off your hands!