Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to do with Minkee Blankee?

Blog Entries
    Hi all, I saw this fabric on line and thought that it was very pretty. I wanted some brights so I purchased two charm packs. I had never used Minkee Blankee before but as I said I loved the bright colors. When I received them boy was I suprized to fine out that they were fuzzy. Not your regular charm paks. (I mean my regular charm paks) I will not be sending them back as I really like them. But.....can they be used with regular cotton. Do you have to treat them diffenently? They have a stretch to them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to quilting so I didn't know what Minkee Blankee was, just thought that it was another brand. I have since been told that all Minkee Blankee is fuzzy and stretchy. Does it need to be sewn with special threads? Help Please. Thank Brenda :oops: :oops: :oops:

I love Minkee, and I've used it with cotton and chenille, and the textures together are beautiful! It is stretchy, so I ironed stabilizer for knits on it (carefully). I also use large pieces for baby quilt backings.

I'd send pix, but the quilt was a gift and I didn't take one.

Linda

I have used some Minkee, my best suggestion is to pin, pin, and pin!

I love Minkee, and I've used it with cotton and chenille, and the textures together are beautiful! It is stretchy, so I ironed stabilizer for knits on it (carefully). I also use large pieces for baby quilt backings.

I'd send pix, but the quilt was a gift and I didn't take one.

Linda

Blog Entries
    I've used it and pin,pin,pin It is so soft

Banned
    I made a quilt for my new GS.....Boy, it is slippery!

Blog Entries
    I've used minkee as borders on baby quilts. Loved it - couldn't stop feeling it & could just imagine a baby's cheek against that softness. Here's one that I made:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by karenchi
    I made a quilt for my new GS.....Boy, it is slippery!
    Thanks for the replies. Did you use special thread? What did you back it with? Were they the little squares or in yaradges? I have a feeling that to just use the charms pks I have will take a long time if I have to be so carefull. What did you put in the middle? Did you wash it before you sewed the quilt? As you can see I have a lot of questions. I'll keep watching to see what ideas you all have. I wanted to do a quilt for a three year old boy. Maybe I'll just make one for his sister. She is almost one. .Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    I've used minkee as borders on baby quilts. Loved it - couldn't stop feeling it & could just imagine a baby's cheek against that softness. Here's one that I made:
    That is a cool quilt.. I hadn't thought of just using it for borders. Maybe that would be the best. Thanks

Blog Entries
    I don't care for Minkee at all. I agree it's very soft and pretty but I prefer quality flannel. So much easier to sew.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast