Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What to do with my FabShopHop gift certificate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marydent View Post
    Are there any young people you know, who are starting to sew?If so ,they may get a real bang out of finding it in their stocking.40 years ago when I started sewing everything I had was leftovers from my mom and it wasn't much(she was a single mom).At 8 years old I would have been overjoyed to get just 1 new thing of my choosing.Just saying.
    That's a great idea!
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

Blog Entries
    I just read it again and it says non-transferable. So I guess I will take the suggestion and buy some more machine needles. They will get used eventually and I won't have to worry about running out for quite a while.

I really wish I knew a young person locally to pass this onto. If she were local I could order and have it delivered here.

Thanks all, Sunnie
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

I won $10 certificate from Alderwood once but I was able to spend it. I did win two more $10 certificates from the Fab Shop and could not find anything from those stores and just did not use it. Congratulations on your win!

Senior Member Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations's Avatar
    I had the same thing happen to me last year and thankfully my mom love something from the store so I just gave it to her in exchange for some choc. chip cookies. I do feel I ended up with the better end of the deal.

You could trade it with someone for fabric or an item you would like to have. You could gift it to a quilting friend whose style is like that of the shop where you won the certificate . You could select fabric and make a gift for someone you know. Or, you could sell it or swap it withone on this board. Whatever you end up doing, good luck.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    I just read it again and it says non-transferable. So I guess I will take the suggestion and buy some more machine needles. They will get used eventually and I won't have to worry about running out for quite a while.

I really wish I knew a young person locally to pass this onto. If she were local I could order and have it delivered here.

Thanks all, Sunnie
    You could try 4-h or girl scouts.Both need our donantions and any other help we can give.I was a girl scout leader for my daughter Sarah( we can't keep leaders up here) anyway Charlette and I paid for most everything our girls did.And in this economy things are much worse than 10 years ago.I heard 4-h is having problems too.I'm sure your neck of the woods things are not much different.Just saying......

Blog Entries
    By the way Merry CHRISTmas

I won a $10 gift certificate, too. I really appreciate the effort of these shops to support the shop hop. I was able to find fabric that I needed from a particular company. However if I couldn't justify the shipping costs then I wouldn't order anything just because I get $10 off. I won't buy if the end doesn't justify the means regardless of the bargain.

Blog Entries
    It happened to me, but it was only a $5 certificate. I just didn't use it.

I won a $10 several months ago and like someone else said, with shipping so expensive it just wasn't worth it to me to buy anything, so I didn't. Hope you can use yours though or that someone else can.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast