Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to do now... quilt is done

I feel kind of lost...lol I am going to start my new quilt project in about a week or two. Waiting on my new sewing machine to come in... but until then, feel kind of restless with no project going...lol anyone else feel that way? guess i'm a quilting addict.... :lol:

You can always look at books and magazines for inspiration. Or do a small hand project while waiting for your machine, or do something totally off the wall and go out and enjoy a nice fall day. :lol:

Go to quiltersscache and look at the blocks and the pictures of quilts and blocks that people have sent her.

Blog Entries
    Surf the net looking at fabrics , patterns and other completed quilts :wink: Cut up the fabric for the next quilt... Maybe plan the next 6 quilts :shock: LOL ATime will fly and you will have that new baby
    Sharon

Banned
    i like to make handbags/totes in between projects or when i just need a break from all the obsessiveness in quilting.

you can make a bag in a 2-3 hours - its a nice change to finish something in one sewing session.

You could always purchase and cut up the fabric for your next project. Then when your new machine arrives, you're ready to start sewing.

Watch videos on
    http://quilterstv.com
    You will learn all kinds of things.

As soon as you get your machine become a quilting mad woman so you have lots and lots of WIPS and UFO's in various stages of production so if you ever find yourself machineless due to repairs, power outages, whatever you have a bit of handsewing around. Or take up EPP or hand piecing.

Fondle, organize and resort your stash. No stash you say? Go shopping woman!!

Thank goodness there is no such thing as quilters anonymous or fabricholics anonymous. I have a feeling I may be an enabler if there was! :oops:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Thank goodness there is no such thing as quilters anonymous or fabricholics anonymous. I have a feeling I may be an enabler if there was! :oops:
    Me too. I'd be smuggeling FQs into the meeting. Here is what I see: Hi, my name is MadQuilter and I found this darling fabric at the LQS so I just had to buy 27 yards of it. LOL

Girl, you just hang out here for a while and the question won't be "what" do I do next, but rather "which one" do I pull from the UFO, WIP or PIGS pile.

My heavens!! Wish I had that problem. I have so many needlework projects going I often am in a tizzy as to what to do next. I guess I am a needlework addict. teehee :wink:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast