Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What to do with a panel? >

What to do with a panel?

What to do with a panel?

Old 10-20-2016, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Pretty panel. Depends on what you want to do with it. It would make a lovely table quilt or front door quilt in its present shape. You could add pieced maple leaf blocks around it if you want it into a quilt shape. You could cut the small blocks off and add sashing to them to reattach in a different arrangement.
I like this idea. I have several table quilts and runners for the seasons or Holidays. I think this would look great on your table. I'd cross hatch the quilting and then enjoy it during November.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:17 AM

I would cut out the center and use the leave as the border and use fall colors for the backing and binding. This is a beautiful panel.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:29 AM

I really had fun with a panel making it for our grandson when he earned his Eagle Badge. The panel was a big eagle flying over a frozen river with mountains in the background. I added borders of the colors in the panel in alternate rows. Just kept adding borders until I got to a size for a large lap quilt.
My long armer finished it for me with the binding ad a colorful backing. He has seen it, and it is done now and wrapped ready to give to our daughter--his mom when she comes this weekend!
Wish I could post a picture, but our email is messed up now. Hopefully in the not too distant future
That is an idea for you.
Have fun!
Mariah
Old 10-20-2016, 03:02 PM

I suggest cutting the small squares, then adding a border to all 4 sides, then use the 4 squares one row on top and one on bottom. or do a narrow border on all 4 sides, then cut squares into individual blocks add sashing /borders to them and use them as outside border.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:32 PM

I googled panel quilts and ended up on Pinterest. If you can't find an idea there...Personally I hate that site. There's so much there. I waste my quilting time looking at ideas. I don't even have a panel and now I want to rush out an buy three or four just to try the cool layouts and borders and what not! Your panel is gorgeous! Go for it! Be sure and show us your success.