Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to do with it

I bought this vintage fabric today, it doesn't have a name or anything on the selvage and I don't have a clur what I am gonna use it for but thought I had to have it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What a sweet fabric. How much did you get? If you have enough, this would make a great backing. If not, I would use in a scrappy backing so you could see the pattern -- I think it's too cute to cut up into small pieces.

I got about 3 yds. I don't want to cut it up, I thought whe I bought it that I would use it for the I Spy quilts, but can't bring myself to cut it up for those.

Three yards is great for a backing. But, if not wide enough, you could add side panels of another color that appears in the print. Or, using it in one yard pieces, frame those and sew together for the backing. You would end up w/ a two-sided quilt -- I know I'd have a hard time deciding which side to show!

Blog Entries
    How about large focus blocks, maybe 5 that overlap in the corners, and then use some for a f-5 inch border and the rest for a patchwork backing. I don't know why, but, I am seeing five 8 or 10" blocks framed with a very thin black border, that overlap as the medallion of a quilt and the rest of the quilt has pinwheel blocks in primary colours. I can see it in my mind (not sure why, because it has never happened before when looking at other peoples' fabric). Please let us know what you decide.

I love it. Perfect backing...I can see making up stories as kiddos are looking at the characters. Eye candy!

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    look into the 9-patch pizazz pattern by Judy Sisneros.

http://www.judysisneros.com/9%20Patch%20Pizzazz.htm

might be really cute and whimsical...

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    OK I would put it in an acid free clear box and/or display it in my quilt cabinet. YOu are right about it being too nice to cut up. Wonderful find.

Absolutely darling fabric....would make a precious baby/toddler quilt. Fussing cutting would be lovely or if you truly don't want to cut it up you do have enough for a nice backing. Great find!

It's really cute. Maybe, instead of using it as a backing, just add some wide borders and use it as the front?

Susan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast