Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What to do!

Blog Entries

What to do!

I was reading about finishing UFOs was wondering how long the Elmers glue will hold after it dries on a quilt. I want to sandwich perhaps 3-4 to quit sometime later. It could be a long time down down the road. Hope I can find enough gas to get me started.

I think it will be indefinitely if stored correctly--I did about 5-6 lap quilts (assembly line) and hung them over a rod for 3 or 3 weeks. Not affected at all. I would thing it would hold until laundered or handled too much.

I have some glue basted I did about a year ago waiting to be quilted and they are still fine.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

I would think it will hold a long time as long as it is stored and not handled to much.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't say for sure about quilts, but I have fabric angels my kids glued together in kindergarten that still come out as Christmas décor every year. They are perfectly fine. My kids are 26, 21 and 18 so the angels have been glued a good while. Unless you are a VERY slow quilter, I think you will be fine.

Blog Entries
    Thank you one and all. I sorta thought that was the case so now I feel good about doing severable at one time. Maybe then I will catch up on some UFOs.