Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what to do? >

what to do?

what to do?

Old 08-30-2014, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

I'd give her the quilt anyways. The baby won't care about the colors--just the cuddle factor!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:33 AM

Give it to her. There are many places a person would use a quilt beyond just a bedroom.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

well she "ordered" that color. not your fault she changed her mind. Finish it up and give it to her. I'm sure it will match the other grey and yellow stuff she told everyone else to buy her.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:16 AM

give the grey and yellow quilt to someone else and give the hairdresser a pink card.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:35 AM

Even expectant mothers can't expect to have it both ways! She told you twice what the color scheme would be and you went with that. I would proudly present the yellow and gray quilt to her with a smile and let her figure it out. She will probably be very appreciate and happy to have it.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:01 AM
pal

She will love it no matter what the color because you care enough to make it for her. I would tell her that you started it as soon as she told you her color scheme.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by fayeberry View Post
My hair stylist is having a baby and I said I'd make her a quilt. She told me twice she was going to use gray and yellow color scheme for the nursery, had never before been in a position to do up a nursery before, and this time, for this last baby, really wanted to fix it up. I took the hint, and am almost done with a gray and yellow quilt. Today I she told me she's painted the nursery a coral pink!
Yikes! What do you think? Give it to her anyway? I have already started over once. And I don't care for these colors together myself. What would you do?

Give it to her, and add maybe lie a bit and say you used her suggestion and you're quite pleased with the outcome.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:53 AM

Just my opinion . . . but there is NO way I would do another quilt! You were thoughtful enough to choose the colors she told you she planned to use . . . even though you didn't personally care for them that much. If she wants to use the quilt as her primary nursery quilt, SHE COULD REPAINT THE NURSERY! Much easier than piecing and making a quilt . . . As most others have said . . . she can always use the quilt you've made in many other ways and on many other occasions . . . Again, as someone else said, I would present along with a note or tell her that you planned the quilt around the colors she told you she planned to use and are quite pleased with it, even though had you been left to your own devices, you would have chosen other colors. I don't think this is anything for you to give much more of your VALUABLE thought. The "mistake" if it can be called that is hers, not yours!
Old 08-31-2014, 09:18 AM

Yellow and gray should look nice in the coral room. Give it to her, Mommies change their minds often while pregnant
Old 08-31-2014, 05:18 PM

I'd give it to her anyway! It was made with love and that's all that matters! Color is optional. Besides, I think she will be thrilled that you took the time to make the quilt that she wouldn't care if it was purple and blue....IMHO.