Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do u do? >

What do u do?

What do u do?

Old 11-30-2014, 01:02 PM

I would take some fabric to sew and try it out. You are paying for it to be fixed....you can check and make sure it is.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:04 PM

Considering the Bernina 830 is a very sensitive machine (I have a 830LE) I would ask the service tech to set it up & put it thru all stages while you watch. Say you want to make sure you are using the machine right. Ask questions as you go ...like threading, bobbin, embroidery, BSR, different stitches, etc. Try different threads & needles. Ask him to show you how to clean it & oil it. Take fabric along to sew on & make sure you have some big enough to fit the large hoop for embroidery a few times. Also take ALL your bobbins along & have them checked for worn paint. If they are worn this can cause the machine to not function right. Bernina is supposed to replace them for free, if the paint wore off, as it was an issue a while back. One more thing the 830 requires it be level on your sewing table or this could throw the timing off.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

absolutely take some scraps and act just as if that is what every
smart quilter-sewer does...bc they do!
Old 11-30-2014, 01:57 PM

That machine is so complicated. I would go as far as to make an appointment with the tech, so he can sit down with you while you try it out.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

YES. Absolutely. I'm sure you have the right to make sure it is running correctly.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:15 PM

I agree with all of the above comments. I take my 830 to the same tech....same dealer all the time. Every time I take fabric to do a test and always ask if my updates are up to date. Each time I learn something useful.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:44 PM

I would definitely try it out there. Read my story about my 830 on "Bernina 830 fixed!!!". Please copy that into advanced search. I am unable to copy thread title and paste into the reply box. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Maureen NJ View Post
I would definitely try it out there. Read my story about my 830 on "Bernina 830 fixed!!!". Please copy that into advanced search. I am unable to copy thread title and paste into the reply box. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...d-t248104.html

Open the thread, then go to the top of your browser screen and copy the entire address: "http://www.... " etc.
Then paste it into your reply. If the address is within the QuiltingBoard, it will automatically get reformatted to the title of the post.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:30 PM

as of today, my Bernina 630 has been at the shop for 2 MONTHS..........I have picked it up and taken it back FOUR times trying to get it repaired.......each time, they say its ok, I bring it home and it is still skipping stitches....so now its back there again and they assure me that they will have it fixed correctly.......you better belive that I will be sewing on it AT THE ShOP before I bring it home for the 5th time..........
Old 12-01-2014, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
I would definitely take some scrap fabrics to the shop with me and ask for a little corner to set up and "practice" a few things before heading home with it.
Oh yes, I agree with thimblebug as you want to make sure it is truly fixed!!