Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do u do? >

What do u do?

What do u do?

Old 12-06-2014, 03:26 AM

Whoops, should have read the whole thread before posting! Some great advice here which I will be using in the future. I'm so pleased everything worked out.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:38 AM

Twillibee Lol I'm always doing that. Thanks x
Old 12-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Power Poster

After extensive work on your Bernina, I would certainly take it for a test drive. Be sure to bring some thread, bobbin with thread and fabric. Most technicians have always left a test scrap of fabric to show me that my Bernina has been serviced and is in good working condition.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:54 AM

Checking the machine to make sure that it is working properly should not insult the repair person. It should be an opportunity for him - or her - to show how skilled they are while you are there!

Every time I read threads like this, I am again thankful to have one of the best Bernina shops - for both sales and service - less than half an hour from my home. Love, love, love Penn Yan Sewing! Just spent some time there yesterday (see my thread http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...ml#post6998193) and as always, they were wonderful to work with - both for my $3 repair and for a possible sale.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:04 AM

It's good to see the variety of thoughts about this and see how your different shop owners treat you guys. My Bernina shop doesn't always feel like a comfortable place to me. If it were me needing to take in such a high classed machine I would definitely want to try it out there, and it might be awkward at first but for that kind of money you should get the service you need! Glad it all worked out.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:04 PM

They did a good job and they also did all the firmware updates it needed. just did feel awkward as it was expected that I just trust that it was mended and running fine. Thank u for all your brilliant advice x